This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CVS TO OFFER COVID-19 vaccines when available to pharmacies

Post Thanks / Like
    CBS News was reporting on the Moderna vaccine this evening. They were explaining how they arrived at the 95% effectiveness. What it came down to was out of 30,000 volunteers there were some who came down with COVID. Of those who got sick, most had been given a placebo, only 5 of those sick had taken the vaccine. Those 5 had less severe symptoms.

They didn’t report how they were exposed to COVID though.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Right behind you!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Sign me up!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My son(EMT doing medical ambulance transport from hospitals to homes and facilities including covid releases) was told he could get the vaccine in January.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is good news!

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    My son(EMT doing medical ambulance transport from hospitals to homes and facilities including covid releases) was told he could get the vaccine in January.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not a live vaccine. If it was a live vaccine then transplant patient could not get it. I think I posted a letter from Penn Transplant saying for transplant patients to get the vaccine. Here is more info a friend posted from her doctor's office:
    CVS TO OFFER COVID-19 vaccines when available to pharmacies-132146589_3889974437681006_7582806675020732951_n-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not a live vaccine. If it was a live vaccine then transplant patient could not get it. I think I posted a letter from Penn Transplant saying for transplant patients to get the vaccine. Here is more info a friend posted from her doctor's office:
    CVS TO OFFER COVID-19 vaccines when available to pharmacies-132146589_3889974437681006_7582806675020732951_n-jpg
    Robin, you did post the Penn State info and it was very much appreciated. We have heard nothing from Mass General Transplant and I’m rather disgusted about it. We did hear from both our primary’s today saying they were vaccinating their employees and when they got the approval to vaccinate patients they would be in touch.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was a live one - i think it was in an interview with Pfizer that they said it was live. Anyhow, thanks for the update.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My first vaccine is tomorrow. They only do it
    on Thursdays through CVS (think CVS is controlling the vaccines vs the nursing homes)
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    My first vaccine is tomorrow. They only do it
    on Thursdays through CVS (think CVS is controlling the vaccines vs the nursing homes)

That’s exciting!! Let us know what it’s like.

0 0