This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fires!!

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Fires!!

California
    Oregon
    Washington

Tragic.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The videos I’ve see of the fires in California were horrendous. I can’t imagine worrying about losing my home.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The fires are moving so fast and there are so many of them. A friend posted a picture her daughter sent to her. She is 4 hours away from the fires and the sky was a smokey and orangish-red. It was a very eerie looking picture and it was taken 2 days ago.

When we did our road trip 2 summers ago, we drove to Napa from Oregon. We saw lots of places in OR that were totally wiped out by recent fires. We drove through areas so smokey I had to change my contact lens. There was one place we wanted to go, but could not because of the fires. Crater Lake was shrouded in smoke. Going through CA, we saw a small fire. By the next morning, it had tripled in size-it was the Carr fire. We had smoke in Napa from it. There were so many fires burning that it wasn't until we were in CO that the skies were clear(Reno was really bad). Now these fires seem so much worse. I pray for the people and the wildlife that live there.

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems like I'm always in California during wildfire season. The devastation is amazing. We've driven thru the fires on the interstate and felt the heat through the car windows. I wasn't scared, but I was really ready to get away from that area. Flying in and out it's easy to see the remains of the fires.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin is working at Navy base Point Loma and he said that 2 days ago there was a faint smell of smoke. He does not know where the closest fire is though.
    He believes it is a few hundred miles from San Diego.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    It seems like I'm always in California during wildfire season. The devastation is amazing. We've driven thru the fires on the interstate and felt the heat through the car windows. I wasn't scared, but I was really ready to get away from that area. Flying in and out it's easy to see the remains of the fires.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Need to keep those fire fighters and their families in our prayers, as well as the victims.
    It's very scary, I live in Calf 35 yrs ago and seen what it can do. A little too close to home
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the Valley fire is in San Diego county, but San Diego county is huge.

https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/

Post Thanks / Like
    It is crazy that the smoke from the California fires have made it to the east coast. I watch the news and am shocked to see the thickness of the smoke there, but never figured it would make it to the east coast. There are a few areas within 30 miles or so that do controlled burns in the spring or have actual fires and only on occasion will have haze or smell smoke.

Post Thanks / Like
    i haven't noticed any smoke or haze here, but we're right on the coast and the winds are usually off of the water.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    my DIL said there has been an unusual haze in SE Maine.
    she then checked a meteorology FB group and it was discussed that the have in the northeast was from the fires.
    0 0