This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Floyd. Rest in Peace

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

George Floyd. Rest in Peace

Systemic racism must go.

Tragic.

We are beyond a time of crisis........remember we are one nation !!
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Amen. It is beyond sad what happened to that young man and what is going on in our country. For some dumb reason I flipped on cnn last night and It stressed me out so much last night I went for a 4 mile walk from 1-2am to try and relax so I could actually sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Systemic racism must go.

Tragic.

We are beyond a time of crisis........remember we are one nation !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Beyond sad. A senseless death and now violence and looting across the country. Not much hope for our new normal.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Violence, burning stores, looting solves nothing. George Floyd’s death was tragic, especially ( and thankfully ) being captured on video. I also watch too much CNN, but I want to be informed what’s going on. My husband, on the other hand, doesn’t watch. This morning made me cry when I saw St. Patrick’s Cathedral in NYC with graffiti spray painted on it. Is nothing sacred! I asked my husband if we will ever get back to going out to dinner and seeing a Broadway show again. He just looked at me and said, “I don’t know”.
    0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    What they are doing is no better, destroying people’s livelihood, innocent people. Ironically in Newark, Nj, which is predominantly minority, they protested with class and dignity. No looting or destroying anything. People will listen to those protestors, not the idiots in Minnesota or texas or NY.

Post Thanks / Like
    Racism is a major issue in our country. Peaceful protests are necessary and should happen. However; the rioting, looting, burning and violence are a disgrace. It is counter productive to fixing the issue of racism in our country and it diminishes the death of the Floyd. They are using the tragic death of a person to profit by stealing. I do not understand how people can destroy their own communities where people work and shop and eat. These same people will wonder why business do not want to open in their neighborhoods. Currently, Philadelphia has shut down all the streets in Center City (6-7 sq. miles) and the Ben Franklin Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rest in peace Mr. Floyd.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    They had a peaceful protest in town yesterday. I think though the police were concerned it might turn violent. Business within a few miles were told close and some boarded up.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are more scheduled in other towns this weekend, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    They had a peaceful protest in town yesterday. I think though the police were concerned it might turn violent. Business within a few miles were told close and some boarded up.
    Last edited by Bri; 06-02-2020 at 03:40 PM.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Peaceful protest should happen. Things need to change. However; looting, rioting, destruction, blocking traffic, and violence is counter productive to the changes that need to happen. One group is trying to make positive changes happen and one group is trying to profit from a man's wrongful death.