This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Halloween

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Halloween

Please be safe while trick or treating.
    My favorite in no particular order: twizzlers, heath bars, skittles, reeses peanut butter cups.
    Your favorites?

Happy Halloween-screen-shot-2020-10-31-8-44-19-am-jpg

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Chocolate... anything chocolate especially Tootsie Rolls, Snickers and Three Musketeers. Also candy corn, bought a big bag of that a couple of weeks ago. We're doing a trunk or treat out of the back of Pam's SUV. Gotta check out the fog machine later and get it ready. Got two huge bowls of candy ready, not sure how many kids we'll get, but we're ready. Also the guy down the street is grilling hot dogs for all of the adults. It's happened every year for some time, even when the house changed owners the tradition was kept alive. I hope the family on the next block will serve margaritas to the adults again. We have a fun neighborhood.

0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    making it fun for all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Chocolate... anything chocolate especially Tootsie Rolls, Snickers and Three Musketeers. Also candy corn, bought a big bag of that a couple of weeks ago. We're doing a trunk or treat out of the back of Pam's SUV. Gotta check out the fog machine later and get it ready. Got two huge bowls of candy ready, not sure how many kids we'll get, but we're ready. Also the guy down the street is grilling hot dogs for all of the adults. It's happened every year for some time, even when the house changed owners the tradition was kept alive. I hope the family on the next block will serve margaritas to the adults again. We have a fun neighborhood.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m with you Andrea on the Twizzlers and with you Walt on chocolate! Love Snickers peanut butter, love Twix too. We rarely get a lot of kids so we bought 1 big bag just in case since it’s a Saturday. My husband started me on the twizzlers. So addictive. Can’t put the bag down! And quarantine added some pounds! Yikes.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Twizzlers rule!! Then Reese's peanut butter cups, Milky Ways and...oh, oh, Mounds! Hmm, guess I'm adding some items to my grocery list for today...
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Chocolate. Kit Kat, Reeses, M&Ms-(peanut, peanut butter, crispy, mint), Hershey's bar, Baci, Ferrero Rocher, etc. I don't care for stuff that isn't chocolate very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are about halfway into Trick or Treat. Normally our neighborhood(and other neighborhoods) fills with cars from all over. There are two cars parked on our street. I saw three kids walking around. I put up a sign saying "No Candy due to Covid, High Risk, See you next year". My neighbor said she has barely had any kids and she is outside and freezing. I have a feeling a lot of people are not participating this year-there were tons of Halloween candy left in the stores this week.

It also was cold-below 50 and a slight breeze.

I was watching for awhile. Even though they said they must wear masks, most were not wearing them. My neighbor set up a table in the driveway and sat in the garage-a good 10-15 away. Mostly people driving around and letting kids out.
    Last edited by robin; 10-31-2020 at 06:27 PM. Reason: added

Post Thanks / Like
    Frozen peanut butter cups, peppermint patties, dark chocolates is my favorite as long as it is not room temp.
    Working tonight, usually the residents will sit front and pass out candy. But this year it was canceled.
    Did buy some extra treats for them thought.
    Hoping it won't be too crazy.. Full blue moon and an extra hour too.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We kept our lights out. There are really no kids on our street and the neighbors realize we have been staying in. I felt they should have cancelled it instead of leaving the option open to parents but it seems like people have decided it’s not worth the risk.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Halloween
    Happy Halloween-954e0756-d76d-4d53-a400-6331f1bed061-jpg