This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    As of 12:01 April 8 the Province of Ontario is under a stay at home order. This means no dining other than take out, no hair dressers, big box stores have restricted numbers and open only for food and drugs, the rest of store will be roped off. Non essential stores will be closed.
    That is terrible. But I don't understand why the rest of the store is roped off. What's the difference if you buy a light bulb instead of a can of beanie weenies?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The new UK virus is on the rise in Europe and a few states in US Michigan the worst, Florida. This new virus is more contagious and deadlier than the first one and its mostly infecting younger people. However a lot of older folks in the states have been vaccinated so that might account for that. The vaccine is our only hope. I think Paris has issues and also on lock down.
    0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning Andrea and everyone else,

It's hard to know Andrea if we are not getting enough vaccines or it's a distribution problem once they get here. This could quickly morph into a political discussion and we really try to avoid those.

Few people seem to be able to catch the mood of a place like cartoonists. The cartoon which appeared in this morning's newspaper here pretty much says it all for Canadians.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/

Donna got her first dose of the vaccine last week; I get mine tomorrow afternoon.

Have a super day everybody.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that is just terrible.
    is Canada not getting enough of the vaccines?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    That is terrible. But I don't understand why the rest of the store is roped off. What's the difference if you buy a light bulb instead of a can of beanie weenies?
    The argument is that those items beyond groceries are deemed "non essential" and the smaller stores in Canada are being restricted differently than, say, Costco. It's complete insanity and all the finger pointing energy should be focused on vaccinating the hell out of everyone.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    The argument is that those items beyond groceries are deemed "non essential" and the smaller stores in Canada are being restricted differently than, say, Costco. It's complete insanity and all the finger pointing energy should be focused on vaccinating the hell out of everyone.
    I agree with you vaccinating everyone should be top priority, but they should allow businesses to remain open and not labeled essential or non-essential. It wrecks the economy and is discriminatory.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, whether it is a supply or distribution or political issue.........it is dreadful for all of the Canadians, to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

It's hard to know Andrea if we are not getting enough vaccines or it's a distribution problem once they get here. This could quickly morph into a political discussion and we really try to avoid those.

Few people seem to be able to catch the mood of a place like cartoonists. The cartoon which appeared in this morning's newspaper here pretty much says it all for Canadians.

Donna got her first dose of the vaccine last week; I get mine tomorrow afternoon.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Really glad to hear you and Donna are in the vaccination process, Glenn!!
    A bit off topic, but do you two have any plans for Aruba this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lisa,

In my judgement, Aruba is never off topic, no matter where it appears on the Aruba Forum. To answer your question, no, we will not be in Aruba in 2021. We have a travel voucher from Air Canada, so hopefully in the fall of 2022.

You know what you have to do Lisa. lol

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Really glad to hear you and Donna are in the vaccination process, Glenn!!
    A bit off topic, but do you two have any plans for Aruba this year?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My SIL lives in Ontario as do several of our Aruba friends and a car show friend. I worry about all of them and our Canadian friends on the forum.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Robin,

Thank you for your kind words and your feelings of concern. They are so very much appreciated.

One thing I want to ask you, as a retired teacher; have your heard from some of your former teacher colleagues? Are they doing a mix of in-class and on-line learning for their students? Here in Winnipeg that is the case and many parents are finding out the hard way that being a good parent doesn't easily translate into being a good teacher.

Take care Robin and stay safe. Hopefully one day, Donna and I can meet you and your husband for lunch somewhere in Aruba. Handshakes, hugs and no masks! Imagine that day!

Bye for now,

Glenn

QUOTE=robin;375026]My SIL lives in Ontario as do several of our Aruba friends and a car show friend. I worry about all of them and our Canadian friends on the forum.[/QUOTE]
    0 0