This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Holiday Plans.........What are your plans?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Holiday Plans.........What are your plans?

Do any of you have special plans for the "holidays".........whatever holiday you celebrate?

We barely had prep time from Aruba return to our kids arriving tomorrow.

I had to get my craft room all packed up and put away to turn it back into our 2nd bedroom for the boys.
    We have a beautiful day bed with a pull out trundle! Beds are made and all is waiting!

Our 3rd bedroom is also Paul's back exercise machine room. The machine is away, the king bed is made and waiting for Kevin and Becca.

Ingredients are bought for Christmas Eve dinner, there will be just the 6 of us.
    Christmas Eve will be tons of appetizers, famous chili and a dessert smorgasbord after 4 pm Mass

Christmas Dinner...we will also have 3 additional friends here, so we will be a group of 9.
    Colossal shrimp cocktail, stuffed shells, turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, asparagus, apple pie and blueberry pie.

The kids will make a trip to Magic Kingdom (not Paul or me) and will visit LegoLand (not Paul and me) a trip to see Frozen 2 (Jake and Liam and Paul and me).
    Hopefully the temp will rise to at least 75 and the sun returns.

Whatever you celebrate.............I wish you lots of fun and happiness.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Crazy busy season for us, but somehow we have ended up with Christmas day completely free. We have parties and family plans for 4 weekends straight since we got home from Aruba, nonstop and most weekends there is something both days. It's nice when things are spread out and we don't have to pick and choose. Jon and I both have to work very early the day after Christmas so we will likely have a quiet day at home. It doesn't feel like Christmas, we have no tree because honestly we aren't home enough to enjoy it. I need to come up with a special menu for Christmas so it doesnt just feel like any other random day.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    We're having a party tomorrow evening with about 15-20 of our closest friends invited. It's BYOB and bring an app to share. I will be making numerous Jello shots, about 6 racks of smoked jalapeno poppers and my almost famous jalapeno bacon ranch cheeseball. Christmas dinner will be beef Wellington, smoked mashed potatoes and other sides for us and the kids. Gonna try to take a couple of days off sometime during the holiday.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    We celebrate Hanukkah/Chanukah or which ever way anybody wants to spell it-there are so many. We get home from T/C Saturday early evening and it's starts Sunday at sunset. Before we left, I pretty much did everything I needed to do. Since the kids were little, I decorated for the holiday(no bushes or trees), but I have Hanukkah snow globes, wall hangings, table linens, etc. and that was done the first week of December. It's not customary at all, but most of their friends were not Jewish and I didn't want them to feel that they were missing out on anything. I did it for the kids, and a few years ago, I asked David, what can I leave out and he said, he still wants it all. It'll just be Stu, David and I, if David isn't working. Paul and Ana will still be in Aruba and if they weren't, they probably would still be at their apartment. We've had friends over in the past, but just coming back from T/C, I didn't want to make any plans in case we had flight/weather issues. I also started, when they were little, making sugar cookies, in shapes of menorahs, or dreidels, Stars of David. I send them out to Paul and Ana, David eats a ton, and I give them out to our family and friends. My kids alway called them Chanukah cookies. They'll get made Sunday and Monday. I have all the ingredients for my homemade latkes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We celebrate Hanukkah/Chanukah or which ever way anybody wants to spell it-there are so many. We get home from T/C Saturday early evening and it's starts Sunday at sunset. Before we left, I pretty much did everything I needed to do. Since the kids were little, I decorated for the holiday(no bushes or trees), but I have Hanukkah snow globes, wall hangings, table linens, etc. and that was done the first week of December. It's not customary at all, but most of their friends were not Jewish and I didn't want them to feel that they were missing out on anything. I did it for the kids, and a few years ago, I asked David, what can I leave out and he said, he still wants it all. It'll just be Stu, David and I, if David isn't working. Paul and Ana will still be in Aruba and if they weren't, they probably would still be at their apartment. We've had friends over in the past, but just coming back from T/C, I didn't want to make any plans in case we had flight/weather issues. I also started, when they were little, making sugar cookies, in shapes of menorahs, or dreidels, Stars of David. I send them out to Paul and Ana, David eats a ton, and I give them out to our family and friends. My kids alway called them Chanukah cookies. They'll get made Sunday and Monday. I have all the ingredients for my homemade latkes.

Happy Hanukkah! Enjoy the holiday. I love how you celebrate the holiday. Enjoy!

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooh latkes!!!!
    Deeelicious.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jalapeño poppers !!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    It will just be the two of us for Christmas Eve. I enjoy this time and always have too much to eat. We’ll do appetizers, relax and go to bed early. Christmas Day is at Tom’s nieces. I’ll make appetizers and fudge cake. Wishing everyone a happy holiday however you celebrate.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m off to St. Thomas on Monday for a short trip. Will be back the weekend. My plans are to just wing it

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm off to Baltimore again at first light to spend Christmas with my family and will be there until Friday. Whatever holiday you are celebrating, I wish you all love and peace this season!!

0 1