This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: House explosion

Post Thanks / Like

House explosion

I was watching TV around 1215-1230 today and I heard a loud bang. I first thought it was the trash truck in that was going through neighborhood, but I could not imagine how it would make that sound. Then then I thought maybe they were picking up the leaves(front end loader and trucks). I looked outside and didn't see anything. I went back to watching TV, then at 1:00 I went out for a walk and heard helicopters in the distance. I took a look at my phone and saw on Nextdoor that a house less than 4 miles from us exploded and caught on fire. They took two women-woman and her mother to a hospital via helicopter. They don't know if it was propane, natural gas or something else. It was the top news report out of Philly and even made the news in NY. (If you watch the video, the neighbor they interviewed and the fire chief have the same last name. They are first cousins. The neighbor's mom was my first classroom aide back in 1986 and then worked in the office.)

https://6abc.com/house-explosion-hom...fire/11344006/

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, in looking at that video it’s difficult to believe that two people were able to survive it. Prayers that they make it.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Scary! And Peg I so agree, can't believe anyone could survive by the looks of things.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I was surprised too. They are both supposed to make a full recovery. It was a pretty good sized house. One woman was pinned under debris and a neighbor got her out and another walked away. They didn't know what had happened. The house had both propane and natural gas. The propane tank was hissing after the explosion, but they don't know if it was hissing because it exploded or if it was hissing due to the explosion. Stu has a client who lives up the street said that the owners who had only been there a year were converting the detached garage into living space. Someone on Nextdoor said the couple had just celebrated their 25th anniversary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Devastating for the family but certainly a relief that the two women will recover. I’m sure all in the neighborhood are pretty shaken

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Devastating for the family but certainly a relief that the two women will recover. I’m sure all in the neighborhood are pretty shaken
    We never had this happen in our city. There were a lot of dogs-9 or 10 in the house. The latest reports say that the ones they found were fine. As of 915 last night 3 were still unaccounted for. They don't know if they are in the rubble or if they took off. They were fostering the animals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We never had this happen in our city. There were a lot of dogs-9 or 10 in the house. The latest reports say that the ones they found were fine. As of 915 last night 3 were still unaccounted for. They don't know if they are in the rubble or if they took off. They were fostering the animals.
    The poor pups! When I was a teenager, many, many years ago a house exploded in a nearby neighborhood. Like this one, there was nothing left. Fortunately, no one was home. I still remember the devastation.

0 0