This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many of you back to work in offices

Post Thanks / Like
    We are considered essential, but I was able to work from home from March 17 until June 26. We were all called back into the office on June 29. Everyone wears masks. The attorneys have offices, so they can take their mask off when in their office. Staff that isn't 6' apart have been moved to other locations in the office.

While it was nice wearing shorts and slippers at home, it's good to be back in the office. I was working off a laptop at home, and missed my two screens, printer, and scanner at the office.
    Darlene
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Still working at home and loving it. I work for a private boarding school with international students so, as you can imagine, things are a bit up in the air. Today's announcement did not help as I do all the immigration paperwork for the students. Thanks ICE. I'm 1010 days away from retirement (not that I'm counting) and have absolutely no desire to go back. I have an hour commute plus each way and now working at the dining room table is awesome. I do miss some of my co-workers and students, but I don't miss a lot about my job. It's difficult as we have no idea when we will actually be going back. I'm a planner so that's hard for me - the great unknown - as I call it. Hopefully all will continue to get better in MA and we will be able to go to Aruba in November. Right now, I'm not sure. Things will have to get way less confusing than they are now before I'll try.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in Ohio and our business is considered essential as a part of the manufacturing supply chain. We began remote working back in March, with only two people (of 5) working in the office at a given time. We sounded the "all clear" to have everyone come back on June 1 and as of this past Monday, have gone back to only 2 people in the office at a time again since Ohio is seeing numbers climb. Thankfully in January, we got a new server, all new laptops and a new phone system that allows us to work 100% remotely, but we still have daily deliveries so someone has to be here. We are just now seeing the "low point" in the supply chain where our customers are back open, but don't need the tooling we provide just yet since they were closed up for a few months and still have tooling from before they closed. It has been a struggle financially and we had to let a long time employee go, so like most other companies, we are now trying to do more with less. Some days, it just feels like we are treading water, hearing that ol' cello music starting up and seeing a fin.

0 0

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a contractor who travels by commuter train to NYC, where some of my jobs are located. The train station parking lot holds about 600 vehicles and in normal times is usually full. On any given day in the past Month I do not see more than 40 cars. I take this to indicate many people are not working in their NYC offices.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    NYC real estate, especially office spaces, are going to be hit hard I think. There are so many people working well remotely right now I can't see businesses choosing to pay those rents!
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoyed reading everyone's experiences both working at home and back in office. I must say I actually enjoyed going into office this week, it is a lot more comfortable at my desk with a real desk chair than working on a card table in my bedroom and hard kitchen chair. It is nice to actually have to set an alarm for time to dress and do my hair, other than just putting on shorts and no make-up (lol) both sides have it perks but it was nice seeing 2 other co-workers. Plus instead of working 4 days I am now able to work 3 longer days so I now have Thurs-Sunday off

We too do not allow outsiders/visitors in we have curbside dropoff/pick-up. The part that I have a hard time with is wearing the masks all day especially while on the phone! Next week I will need to do a few hours at home for my zoom sessions, our computers at work have no cameras or mics and waiting for the town to get us laptops, not allowed to bring in personal laptop to do my zooms. My seniors who love my zoom sessions had to go without this week and thought I was sick when I cancelled them all (they are the sweetest).

I agree with HockeyMom I am in Massachusetts where our numbers have greatly improved and hope they continue to do so. November is up in the air even though everything is booked. I am looking forward to reading the experiences of all the travelers the next few months. Good Luck to those brave travelers hope it goes as smooth and trouble free as possible.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I found out today that our plan has been accelerated. I will be going in 2 days a week starting next week. I'm feeling very anxious and sad about going back now that I have a date so I guess I liked working from home more than I thought.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I found out today that our plan has been accelerated. I will be going in 2 days a week starting next week. I'm feeling very anxious and sad about going back now that I have a date so I guess I liked working from home more than I thought.
    I too was very anxious even with such a small staff it was almost like going to a new job or first day of school (lol) working at home definitely has its advantages but going in does as well. Good Luck Tracey hope it goes smoothly for you :-)

1 0