This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Not Aruba But It's a Beach!

Post Thanks / Like

It's Not Aruba But It's a Beach!

I really couldn't let summer come to an end without a beach vacation, so when Aruba fell through, decided on my 2nd and lifelong love, Wellfleet on Cape Cod.
    Came up yesterday to a Cape much less crowded than usual, especially given a holiday weekend. New cottage for me this year, right on the water down at the harbor. Beautiful little cottage. I couldn't be more pleased with it. Private beach a few yards away. Weather was, is and predicted to be all week in mid 70s, low humidity, cool at night. Perfect sleeping weather for this exhausted girl!
    Stopped at PJs on my way in to town for the best lobster roll on the Cape IMO. Didn't even unpack. Straight to the seawall and ate it while watching the boats enter and leave the harbor. Once I got settled in i was absolutely wiped out so lay in the sun on my bed with a sea breeze gently blowing. Can you see where this vacation is heading? LOL! Walked down the beach to the town pier for ice cream. Yes, that was dinner. Too bed early and slept like a baby.
    Up early today and went for a long beach walk. Tide was out so lots of people digging for oysters. Not a fan myself but Wellfleet is famous for them. Back to cottage for a lazy morning and then spent a few hours reading on the beach. Take out broiled scallops dinner from Moby Dick's is on the agenda for tonight. I don't cook dinner when I'm on the Cape. Do breakfast and lunch in.
    Oh, there are cocktails accompanying these little adventures too!
    Ask Lisa if she's relaxed yet? :-)
    0 4

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love it and I love CAPE COD!

thank you !!!

enjoy every moment and have a very restful and relying vacation.

are you near Marconi Beach national Seashore side or over near the downtown where the big pier is ?

when I was a teen, early 20s I spent much time at Marconi and some time near the downtown area.
    It s a great little town!

my son's college roommate is the summer harbor master in Wellfleet.

I wish that I were there!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    I really couldn't let summer come to an end without a beach vacation, so when Aruba fell through, decided on my 2nd and lifelong love, Wellfleet on Cape Cod.
    Came up yesterday to a Cape much less crowded than usual, especially given a holiday weekend. New cottage for me this year, right on the water down at the harbor. Beautiful little cottage. I couldn't be more pleased with it. Private beach a few yards away. Weather was, is and predicted to be all week in mid 70s, low humidity, cool at night. Perfect sleeping weather for this exhausted girl!
    Stopped at PJs on my way in to town for the best lobster roll on the Cape IMO. Didn't even unpack. Straight to the seawall and ate it while watching the boats enter and leave the harbor. Once I got settled in i was absolutely wiped out so lay in the sun on my bed with a sea breeze gently blowing. Can you see where this vacation is heading? LOL! Walked down the beach to the town pier for ice cream. Yes, that was dinner. Too bed early and slept like a baby.
    Up early today and went for a long beach walk. Tide was out so lots of people digging for oysters. Not a fan myself but Wellfleet is famous for them. Back to cottage for a lazy morning and then spent a few hours reading on the beach. Take out broiled scallops dinner from Moby Dick's is on the agenda for tonight. I don't cook dinner when I'm on the Cape. Do breakfast and lunch in.
    Oh, there are cocktails accompanying these little adventures too!
    Ask Lisa if she's relaxed yet? :-)
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish you were here too! I'm on the bayside, around the corner and down the road a piece from the town pier. I'm not big on the oceanside. But I love the white cedar swamp trail at Marconi! And at least one morning this week I'll go over to Cahoon Hollow Beach to watch the sunrise. It's a long-standing tradition. But I have yet too see a shark! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I love it and I love CAPE COD!

thank you !!!

enjoy every moment and have a very restful and relying vacation.

are you near Marconi Beach national Seashore side or over near the downtown where the big pier is ?

when I was a teen, early 20s I spent much time at Marconi and some time near the downtown area.
    It s a great little town!

my son's college roommate is the summer harbor master in Wellfleet.

I wish that I were there!!!
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad you are posting a report. This is the time of year that I really enjoy the Cape. Weather is good and it is so relaxing. I always enjoyed the shops in Chatham. Before we started going to Aruba for Thanksgiving we would spend the holiday in Chatham at the Wayside. Always had to order mussels at the Impudent Oyster. The Squire was another favorite spot. Unfortunately, I think it’s closed at the moment because of COVID.

looking forward to hearing more!!

0 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve never been to Cape Cod, but I want to! Lisa, that cottage sounds amazing!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it being a lazy vacation, I've got time to read and post! LOL!
    Had a early dinner since didn't really have lunch. Couldn't get through to Moby's so ordered from PJs and really glad. Had broiled scallops with a parmesan garlic crumbs topping with corn on the cob and FF. There were at least a dozen scallops! Divine and washed down with a nice sauvinogn blanc (excuse the spelling! Not getting off the couch to check!). Don't think I'll even go down to the beach to watch the sunset. I'm stuffed and plan to have another glass of vino. It's so nice to just "be".
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you get to visit one day (and would be happy to help you plan it!). Very special p!ace. And yes, I never used VRBO before. Extremely pleased with my first rez. I left my laptop home or would post some pics. Too much work to do on my Fire. Who am I kidding? I'm too lazy to try! LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    I’ve never been to Cape Cod, but I want to! Lisa, that cottage sounds amazing!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Correction! Those ppl digging in the mud this morning were after clams, not oysters! I swear I knew that...really...I did...thanks Chuck! :-) but Wellfleet really is famous for its oysters!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Cape Cod is an amazing place; left there to come down to Florida. (all my family is there too. we had an two choices go to the Cape to visit family or Aruba. I did choice Aruba.. but had second thoughts)
    Miss the seafood, pizza and other New England food. lol
    We used to dig for clams all the time as kids. Nothing like a good old clam bake.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not a beach, but it's a trip report! Thanks for posting Lisa.