This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: It's Not Aruba But It's a Beach!

  1. #31
    Senior Member brady bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love P-town; just a beautiful town with the most friendliest people ever.
    Shops, food. Any thoughts of going over the one of the islands?
    0 0
     

  2. #32
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    855
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, I've been coming to the Cape for so many years, now I just hang out and relax and absorb the vibe of the Outer Cape. It's rare i even drive up to P-town!

    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Love P-town; just a beautiful town with the most friendliest people ever.
    Shops, food. Any thoughts of going over the one of the islands?
    0 0
     

  3. #33
    Senior Member brady bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    No, I've been coming to the Cape for so many years, now I just hang out and relax and absorb the vibe of the Outer Cape. It's rare i even drive up to P-town!


    Take advantage of the 'quietness" there while you can.
    Never really appreciated Cape Cod until I left it. Guess the tourist and crowds.. lol
    Glad you are enjoying yourself.
    0 0
     

  4. #34
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All! Lisa checking in from a rainy day on the Cape. Woke this morning to dense fog. It was pretty cool actually since I'm right on Wellfleet Harbor. Threw on some clothes and sat by the water watching the fishing boats leave and slowly disappear into the fog. It was soooo quiet and calm. Kept waiting for George Clooney to show up! ;-)

    Slow start to the day but did run up to P-town for a bit. Most of the shops were open but I didn't find anything that struck my fancy so back to my little "cottage by the bay" for a salad and an afternoon curled up on the couch with my Kindle (finished the new Sandra Brown novel yesterday and started the next installment of JD Robb's "In Death" series). Dinner was...just for Peg...fried clams!! But sorry, I only like the strips! LOL!!

    Tomorrow is supposed to turn beautiful and cooler so will hopefully spend most of my last day on the beach before packing for the drive home Saturday morning.
    0 1
     

  5. #35
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    The strips!!!!!
    Just like Howard Johnson clam strips?

    Whole Belly clams, one is either 100% in love with them or despise them.
    I love them!

    I am sorry that your vacay is winding down.
    I am happy that you got in some good reading.
    I love JD Robb/Nora Roberts.

    A visit to the Christmas Tree shop on Saturday on the way home?


    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Hi All! Lisa checking in from a rainy day on the Cape. Woke this morning to dense fog. It was pretty cool actually since I'm right on Wellfleet Harbor. Threw on some clothes and sat by the water watching the fishing boats leave and slowly disappear into the fog. It was soooo quiet and calm. Kept waiting for George Clooney to show up! ;-)

    Slow start to the day but did run up to P-town for a bit. Most of the shops were open but I didn't find anything that struck my fancy so back to my little "cottage by the bay" for a salad and an afternoon curled up on the couch with my Kindle (finished the new Sandra Brown novel yesterday and started the next installment of JD Robb's "In Death" series). Dinner was...just for Peg...fried clams!! But sorry, I only like the strips! LOL!!

    Tomorrow is supposed to turn beautiful and cooler so will hopefully spend most of my last day on the beach before packing for the drive home Saturday morning.



    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0
     

  6. #36
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    6,563
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, not the strips! All the flavor is in the bellies. I do get it though, people either love or hate the bellies.

    It’s nice that your weather today was cooler instead of the really humid day we’ve been having. We’re just 10 houses down from the beach and normally will have an ocean breeze but not today. It was a stay in with the ac on kind of day.

    Good to hear that the shops were open in P-town. I wondered how it would be down there.

    1 0
     

  7. #37
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,462
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clam strips......ugh! But lovin' the rest of your Cape getaway!
    0 0
     

  8. #38
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    855
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL!! I knew the strips would get a reaction!!
    Peg, it actually was pretty humid here as well, but a nice onshore breeze so didn't feel too bad. While most everything was open in P-town, it was not busy at all. Certainly a reflection of the weather and time of year, but of course also the pandemic. As it is everywhere, it just feels different.
    It's a tradition for me to stop at Bishops Orchards in Guilford CT on the way home. They make fabulous tea cakes and pies so I always get a few to freeze. I love that they sell half pies. And I'll get pumpkins and mums for my front steps.

    Before I wish you all a good night, please take a few moments tomorrow to remember those lost to us in the terrorist attacks of September 11th.
    Last edited by LisaGrn; 09-10-2020 at 10:06 PM.
    0 1
     

  9. #39
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Final installment of this non-Aruba trip report! I actually came home yesterday. Got a call from my dear friends, Nancy and Rob, that they wanted to get together this afternoon for cocktails and dinner on their back deck. They live on a marsh on the Housatonic River in CT. I haven't seen them since March. Since I awoke Friday to a chilly, overcast, windy Cape Cod day - definitely NOT a beach day - I decided to pack up and head home. Stopped for a quart of chowder and some lobster salad and I was off! Good decision because it is a picture perfect September day here in Connecticut. Am just about finished unpacking so can truly relax with my friends later and still have tomorrow to prepare to go back to work on Monday. Ugh!
    It was really good to get away for a bit to a place I love. I feel renewed and rested. As some of you know, I've barely had a day off from work since March. I was physically and emotionally exhausted. While Aruba would have been great, I actually think the Cape was more what I needed right now. Aruba next year for perhaps 10 days instead of a week!
    Thanks for tagging along with me on my seaside sojourn!
    0 1
     

  10. #40
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    6,563
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoyed your non-Aruba trip report and hope you have a fun visit with your friends when you got home. One question though; did you forget to pick up your apple pies?

    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •