This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lack of travel play havoc on your emotions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Yes, Yes and Yes.....should we go, should we not go type of thing. As of now we are hoping to still go in November although I may try another hotel this time around. As long as Dh and I stay healthy we hope to travel. We were going to rebook for perhaps spring but with my job and new center opening in spring I know that vacation that time of year will be impossible.

Finding the positive travel reports helping my decision making even if Aruba numbers have increased I feel fairly safe if we stay put at our hotel and eat outdoors at restaurants. Still thinking, re-thinking and all that fun stuff, all I know is I really need a vacation. Still working, one day home, one day in office ...some weeks I have to triple check where the heck I am supposed to be that day! Just happy to be working and hopefully able to take a vacation even though I know I will be judged by some.
    Brenda, no one should judge you if you decide to travel; everyone has a different comfort level. I do hope you get to go. Sorry we won’t be there this year. It would have been nice to catch up!

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We don’t travel a lot, maybe three trips a year, yet within those three trips we’re away from home three months or more out of the year. Consequently, we haven’t missed not traveling, more so, the uncertainty of when we’ll travel again. I’m a plan ahead person, so not knowing drives me nuts.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good evening,

We are disappointed that we had to cancel our trip to Maui back in the spring and our Aruba trip. We keep a positive attitude, or as positive as we can and we hope to go to Maui next spring.

Every cloud has a silver lining though. I am steadily becoming an expert at filing out forms for ManuLife, trying to get our money back for cancelled trips.

With the Canada-US border closed until at least the end of September, Donna and her girlfriend won't be going down to North Dakota for their annual 3-day shopping trip. No Reese's Peanut Butter for me this year.

And another thing; since March of this year, Donna has made me eat salad for lunch; twice! Can it get any worse?

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey glenn
    glad to hear that you are eating salads. (2x)

if you are really in need of Reeses Peanut Butter, Amazon has it. https://www.amazon.com/Reeses-Creamy...s%2C202&sr=8-3

We are Skippy people but my grandson's are Reeses fans too.
    They are almost 5 and 6 and these 2 know their PB.
    If you could get to Maine to raid their pantry cabinet, you'd be pretty. much set for months.

Some useless info: One of our neighbors, 4 doors down, are "Smucker". (yup as in the famous Jelly family)
    They really know their jelly as well as other food products.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good evening,

We are disappointed that we had to cancel our trip to Maui back in the spring and our Aruba trip. We keep a positive attitude, or as positive as we can and we hope to go to Maui next spring.

Every cloud has a silver lining though. I am steadily becoming an expert at filing out forms for ManuLife, trying to get our money back for cancelled trips.

With the Canada-US border closed until at least the end of September, Donna and her girlfriend won't be going down to North Dakota for their annual 3-day shopping trip. No Reese's Peanut Butter for me this year.

And another thing; since March of this year, Donna has made me eat salad for lunch; twice! Can it get any worse?

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    exactly as Peg says.
    whatever you are comfortable with!!

had you booked the Divi Ai way back on the after thanksgiving sale?

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Yes, Yes and Yes.....should we go, should we not go type of thing. As of now we are hoping to still go in November although I may try another hotel this time around. As long as Dh and I stay healthy we hope to travel. We were going to rebook for perhaps spring but with my job and new center opening in spring I know that vacation that time of year will be impossible.

Finding the positive travel reports helping my decision making even if Aruba numbers have increased I feel fairly safe if we stay put at our hotel and eat outdoors at restaurants. Still thinking, re-thinking and all that fun stuff, all I know is I really need a vacation. Still working, one day home, one day in office ...some weeks I have to triple check where the heck I am supposed to be that day! Just happy to be working and hopefully able to take a vacation even though I know I will be judged by some.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    What I miss is the big selection of flights to destinations with open beaches and open nighclubs.

Statistically, flying is a million times safer than driving. My sister was driving on the freeway and her wheel flew off! Thankfully, she did not suffer any personal injury. A friend was driving his car, but because he was afraid to go in person to the garage mechanics and have the engine properly maintained, the engine ran out of oil and blew up. He had to walk home because the AAA tow truck driver won't take passengers due to the Virus.

I want to fly to Miami, but the government daily changes the opening/closing rules.

I want to fly to San Francisco, but the outdoor mask rules are too much, and everything is closed.

I want to fly to NYC, but the crime is out of control and everything still is closed.

I want to fly to Europe, but only the Balkans are open, and summer is nearly over, so maybe just a city visit during the cold weather.

I've been wanting to go to Aruba for a long time: it's like Holland with a warm beach. I just wish that Delta had more direct flights. I do appreciate that Aruba has US Immigration right there at the airport.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    you certainly get around bt.
    aside from the roundabouts, the US Customs @ Aruba airport is a very good perk!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTee View Post
    What I miss is the big selection of flights to destinations with open beaches and open nighclubs.

Statistically, flying is a million times safer than driving. My sister was driving on the freeway and her wheel flew off! Thankfully, she did not suffer any personal injury. A friend was driving his car, but because he was afraid to go in person to the garage mechanics and have the engine properly maintained, the engine ran out of oil and blew up. He had to walk home because the AAA tow truck driver won't take passengers due to the Virus.

I want to fly to Miami, but the government daily changes the opening/closing rules.

I want to fly to San Francisco, but the outdoor mask rules are too much, and everything is closed.

I want to fly to NYC, but the crime is out of control and everything still is closed.

I want to fly to Europe, but only the Balkans are open, and summer is nearly over, so maybe just a city visit during the cold weather.

I've been wanting to go to Aruba for a long time: it's like Holland with a warm beach. I just wish that Delta had more direct flights. I do appreciate that Aruba has US Immigration right there at the airport.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to get away! I was looking at Bermuda. It's only a 2 hour flight from NY, I found a room near one of my favorite beaches for a good price. However, the requirements are testing 72 hours before flight but they will accept within a week but still you test again at airport when you land and quarantine 24 hours at hotel. They state results take 24 hours sometimes longer. I was looking for a 4 night trip but for 24 hours quarantine I lose a day.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Brenda, no one should judge you if you decide to travel; everyone has a different comfort level. I do hope you get to go. Sorry we won’t be there this year. It would have been nice to catch up!
    will miss our visit too Peg is we decide to go, hopefully catch up in 2021!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    exactly as Peg says.
    whatever you are comfortable with!!

had you booked the Divi Ai way back on the after thanksgiving sale?

Yes, however I really feel the need to try a new place this year. I have a couple "non-inclusives" in mind and called one yesterday to inquire about. I don't think my heart could take not hugging or kissing my favorite Divi staff (probably sounds weird)....plus a lot of our friends are thinking about or already cancelled so this would be the time to try someplace new.

Yes, I do still have my divi ai reservation which I need to cancel or postpone. I'm going to text my friend today who said she canceled but they kept her reservation for the following Thanksgiving. If Divi won't refund my deposit I may think about just moving it to same time 2021 for now. Usually we have our trip paid in full by now for some reason this year we did not pay in full yet.

I am looking at a couple hotels in high rise area for a change with lots of places to walk to, prefer to not use too many taxi's or buses this trip. Still lots of thinking to do, my husband has his 6 month follow-up in a couple weeks I want to pass by the traveling to Aruba with his doctor before I make a final decision to put my mind at ease. Of course I have a feeling I won't be allowed in with him this visit so I hope he asks all the questions I usually do (lol)

0 0