This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lily

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the vet tech said "kennel cough"
    the vet said reverse sneeze.

this video is EXACTLY the noise and what Lily does. https://www.dogingtonpost.com/reverse-sneezing-in-dogs/
    scroll down once on that page to the Mr Puggle reverse sneeze.

we visited the vet again and he prescribed a low dose of Prednisone over the next 10 day.

fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    In thinking about your description of Lilly making a honking sound. I wonder if it could be kennel cough. When Maddy had the kennel cough she made an awful honking sound and the vet said her trachea was inflamed.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That is EXACTLY how Maddy sounded. She improved almost immediately after taking meds. Hope Lilly has the same result! The good thing about kennel cough is it sounds a whole lot worse than it is.

0 1

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    My daughter's puggle sounds exactly like that. When she first started doing that, it really scared us. All of the vets that she has seen say it's very common with dogs with short noses. I hope that Lily improves quickly and that you're able to work something out so you don't have to cancel your trip.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yup!!
    it is scary indeed.

is there anything that triggers the puggle's "honking?"

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    My daughter's puggle sounds exactly like that. When she first started doing that, it really scared us. All of the vets that she has seen say it's very common with dogs with short noses. I hope that Lily improves quickly and that you're able to work something out so you don't have to cancel your trip.
    0 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Activity makes it worse but she can be lying in the floor, sleeping, and start sneezing.

0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poor Lily. Maybe the cat (the one who pooped in your luggage years ago- don't know her name) told Lily you were planning a vacation and she doesn't want you to go.
    I hope Lily's trachea heals up without issue! Also hoping for a solution so you don't have to cancel!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would have been Midnight (Middy) she did her business in the luggage more than once.
    She is now 17 and can barely see if we even have the suitcases out.
    She sleeps on the corner of the dining room table 23 hrs a day.

Another vet appt today for Lily.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Poor Lily. Maybe the cat (the one who pooped in your luggage years ago- don't know her name) told Lily you were planning a vacation and she doesn't want you to go.
    I hope Lily's trachea heals up without issue! Also hoping for a solution so you don't have to cancel!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    My longtime best friend in MA is the performing arts director at one of the large Boston Universities.
    Covid 19 has shuttered her entire dept.
    She has been working from home since Spring break ended in March.

She is also one of the organizers for the Paralympic Games and her trip to the Paralympic Games in August were cancelled.
    She. Like so many of us have had just a real suck fest of a year.

I mentioned to her of our dilemma with the “beast” and she replied to me ..... I will be more than happy to watch the menagerie for a few weeks.
    woot woot!!
    Yay for Kathy!!
    We r back on schedule!

Here is what she wrote...

I am looking forward to being somewhere else than my house ..and getting to see you and Paul, even if that is a much shorter greeting time than I will have with the furbies.
    0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    My longtime best friend in MA is the performing arts director at one of the large Boston Universities.
    Covid 19 has shuttered her entire dept.
    She has been working from home since Spring break ended in March.

She is also one of the organizers for the Paralympic Games and her trip to the Paralympic Games in August were cancelled.
    She. Like so many of us have had just a real suck fest of a year.

I mentioned to her of our dilemma with the “beast” and she replied to me ..... I will be more than happy to watch the menagerie for a few weeks.
    woot woot!!
    Yay for Kathy!!
    We r back on schedule!

Here is what she wrote...

I am looking forward to being somewhere else than my house ..and getting to see you and Paul, even if that is a much shorter greeting time than I will have with the furbies.
    I'm so excited for you. Enjoy
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

We r back on schedule!
    Woohoo!! Yay Kathy!