This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Lockdown Reads

Post Thanks / Like

Lockdown Reads

Hi Everyone,

Hope your all staying safe in Lockdown, and finding things to do, whilst we are all missing Aruba!

What have you all been up too during Lockdown?

I have been reading a lot of books to pass the time away, and wanted to share with you a new book, Rosita’s Way that I am reading at present by the Author John Gray. ( Aquaman here on the Forum.) This is his latest book that's just been released. I know a lot of you are fans, and have read his novels in the past, and have enjoyed them, so I wanted to share his latest with you. I have only just began reading the first few chapters, and I have to say... I am finding it hard to put down... Gripping stuff. (If you read this John... very well done it's a great book) another one to add to the collection

For all of you that would like to support our Aruban Authors ..Here's a little sneak preview of what the story is about Enjoy!

Available on Amazon in eBook and Paperback. https://www.amazon.com/dp/0995238758

Rosita's Way

Born into the poverty of a rural barrio in South America, Rosita yearns to leave for a life in the city. The happy life of the villagers is disrupted with the arrival of a secretive mining operation. The villagers do not welcome the presence of these strangers. Shortly after their arrival, ordinary life in the barrio is impacted by illnesses and death. The country is under brutal and corrupt military rule. The military sends a young officer to investigate the situation at the barrio. Rosita becomes infatuated with the officer and he is her escape to the city. Unknown to Rosita are the circumstances of his family and also his aspirations to fight the corruption of the ruling party. He embarks upon a mission to overthrow the corrupt leaders. During political rallies, Rosita wins the hearts of the masses, as her background from the barrio resonates with the people. The ruling Generals plan an assassination. Rosita is injured and receives treatment in New York. All does not go well. She returns to her country a different woman and requires further treatment to quell an evil that has been triggered within her. A fascinating read with many twists and colourful characters.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Aruba Ariba.

I am pleased you are enjoying the read. A little different to the typical murder, romance or espionage type books. I hope you fine the plots and characters interesting.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Thanks Aruba Ariba.

I am pleased you are enjoying the read. A little different to the typical murder, romance or espionage type books. I hope you fine the plots and characters interesting.

John
    I love your books. This one is great. I can't make my mind up which has been my favourite, this one or Betrayals. Both books have been gripping to the point where you just have to keep reading. The characters in this book are steely especiallly Rosita, she is a total badass. looking forward to Claude 2 next when is that coming out?
    0 0