This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: New Neighbors

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

New Neighbors

A very charming and unique couple have moved onto the street!
    They are snowbirds and are from Yukon, Canada.
    We met them this morning while they were out walking and my dog decided to charge them while she was leashed.
    (My 9lb dog charges at people when she is leashed, then backs off and cowers and slowly creeps back to gently meet people...Napolean syndrome)
    The people jumped back in fear but then realized all was ok. We had to explain that we were very bad dog parents and this 9 lb princess has us right where she wants us.

They bought the house sight unseen (internet photos) and are happy with their purchase.
    They are members/citizens of First Nation and can trace their genealogy back to the 1400s. (How I dont know)
    They do not consider themselves Canadian.

I look forward to hearing all about their lives and living in such a remote area.
    I have a feeling that we will be fast friends.
    They are fascinating compared to our dullness.

They drove here to West Central Florida and it took them 10 days due to weather issues.

Ya, I know we lead a quiet life, but it just got a bit more interesting.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    That's so cool. We had some folks (he's in the Navy) move in across the street in late 2019. We met and celebrated Halloween with them, then Covid hit. We have hardly seen them since, and they are moving next week to Texas. We also have military folks on both sides of us. We're out of their age bracket, but we always enjoying getting to meet them even if only for a short time.
    0 1