This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Years Eve plans?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We're in Nashville. Most of the places are already sold out, so we plan on going to the "Big Bash". If we can stay long enough, we'll watch the music note drop. Weather looks to be a problem, so if the severe storms they are predicting show up, we'll just watch it all on CBS in the hotel room. Hopefully the weather will hold, and we'll get to see Zac Brown Band and a few others.
    Wouldn't you know, Zac Brown, Sam Hunt and Elle King have cancelled due to covid protocols. But Dierks Bentley and Lady A will be on stage along with the others.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably attend one of the events on the ship and then go to bed. We were up early to see our entry into the first set of locks. Maybe an after lunch will help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am bring my bacon water chestnuts for an appetizer to my sister's small gathering at her home. She is just down the street from me, so if I have to walk home (stagger??), it isn't a problem. The menu is my appetizer, shrimp, feta, greek olives, goat cheese, followed by a salad with lasagna. For dessert, cheese cake and more champagne. Happy New Year everyone!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That stinks! I was looking forward to watching the Zac Brown Band with Darius Rucker.

Wouldn't you know, Zac Brown, Sam Hunt and Elle King have cancelled due to covid protocols. But Dierks Bentley and Lady A will be on stage along with the others.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We are staying home grilling steaks. I will make roasted potatoes with onions in the oven with an arugula salad with candied pecans, dried cranberries and blue cheese. We have a bottle of sparkling wine in the frig. For dessert we will have my homemade Christmas thumbprint cookies filled with raspberry preserves. We always watch Dick Clark’s show and wait for the ball to come down. We used go to our friends in CT and stay over but haven’t in the last few years. Seems like more people are staying home for New Years Eve. Happy New Year to all!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    That stinks! I was looking forward to watching the Zac Brown Band with Darius Rucker.
    Yeah, we're really disappointed. There are about 50 other acts all over downtown tonight so it's not a bust. But we've changed our plans and rather than risk the weather and crowds, we bought champagne to enjoy in the room. We'll watch the show on TV and go outside for the fireworks.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I was listening to an interview with the gentleman that organized the entire event....wow are there some real stars there tonight!
    Yeah, we're really disappointed. There are about 50 other acts all over downtown tonight so it's not a bust. But we've changed our plans and rather than risk the weather and crowds, we bought champagne to enjoy in the room. We'll watch the show on TV and go outside for the fireworks.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gina made baked clams, salad, sausage & peppers and eggplant rollatini. I opened a bottle of wine and set the table. We will not make midnight but will wake up when the phone rings around midnight from various grandchildren.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't been on my "favorite forum" in a long long time
    Just want to wish every one a very happy new year May 2022 be a healthy and covid free one
    We are staying home, (with covid up and being exposed daily I do not want to take a chance passing anything to anyone)
    chilling, ordered some Chinese food, and a cocktail or two
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    On our favorit island. Lots of firewworks at midnight....good view from my front porch! We did not do our neighborhood fireworks this year. Caution is the word...as you all know the cases are 'over the top' here....best to stay home!
    0 0