This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non Aruba Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Non Aruba Trip

About two years ago, a travel agent friend put together a group trip to France for this October. The main part is a Bourdeaux to Bourdeaux Viking Riverboat with optional pre trip to Normandy and St. Michaels(2 days) and a post trip to Paris (a day and a half), which we extended another 3 days. I was wondering about them since I got the impression that she and her husband were anti-vax and Viking requires proof of vaccination. I thought, well maybe they got vaccinated. Well, 4 days ago, he posts he is in the hospital with Covid (physically active, healthy guy) and to pray for him and she is home with a milder case.

Two weeks from now, we should be on the plane and getting ready to take off. We have no idea what is going to happen-will we go or not? Have they had close contact with any of the others on the trip? His brother is compromised and going on the trip. My husband is compromised and going on the trip(both now have had the booster). Will she be healthy enough to prepare all of our documents for the trip? We are all supposed to be at his niece's wedding a few days prior to the trip. Yes, I know even if you are vaccinated, you can get it. I just feel that they were putting a lot of people at risk. I guess they have fake vaccination cards. I am really torn-Of course want them to get well, but I am angry they have made decisions that put others at risk. I told hubby that at this point I would be relieved if the trip got cancelled by them or if France shuts down to the US.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    France requires proof of vaccination. Plus proof of a 72 hour valid Covid Test upon arrival.
    All restaurants in France require proof of vaccination.
    I don’t blame you at all for being angry at these friends- especially if they really are using fake vaccine cards! That is beyond selfish. I can’t even imagine how you’re supposed to relax and enjoy the trip.
    Of consolation, I BELIEVE once they have recovered from Covid their body has antibodies so they may no longer be carriers.
    Last edited by Tuckahoe; 09-14-2021 at 11:50 PM.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    unbelievable!

so you just wait it out.

if this person is a travel agent, and is using fake vaccination cards.........well I certainly would take my business elsewhere
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about your friend but certainly understand your anger. It’s a difficult spot to be in. I don’t think I could bring myself to travel with someone with those circumstances. To think that they would have fake vac cards is positively inexcusable. Sorry you are dealing with the added stress.

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the more I think about it, if they have fake vaccination certificates they are showing their dishonesty.
    I absolutely would not trust these people to book or manage a trip.
    Shame on them, how dare they!!?
    I suppose that I should feel badly that he is in the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Sorry about your friend but certainly understand your anger. It’s a difficult spot to be in. I don’t think I could bring myself to travel with someone with those circumstances. To think that they would have fake vac cards is positively inexcusable. Sorry you are dealing with the added stress.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I am assuming, based on the fact he is a healthy, active guy and he is in the hospital and he is fairly right wing and they seemed annoyed that people were posting their vaccine status that they are still unvaccinated. He is a retired police officer. They told Stu earlier this year they were taking a wait and see approach about the vaccine.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Robin! A stressful situation. I support and admire all businesses who are requiring proof of vaccination but this situation indicates the 'hole' in the process, Without a national (international) registry the anti vaxxers continue to impact the lives of the rest of us. I would be concerned about the trip, documents etc. Clearly this person is dishonest and this situation makes me uncomfortable about all on the ship. As to their covid status....their choice!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I am glad that you are spending time in Aruba again. I was in Aruba in November a few years back. We stayed at the Paradise Villas. There was a little rain but as was mentioned, it didn't ruin anything. However, there was no wind due to a tropical depression coming off of Africa. It was very humid. We still enjoyed our vacation but we missed the wind.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    What annoys me is anti-vaxxers who don't trust the science. But they'll rely on science when they get sick to cure them and take up all the hospital beds so vaccinated people who have non-COVID emergency health issues are being turned away.
    Darlene
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleangel View Post
    What annoys me is anti-vaxxers who don't trust the science. But they'll rely on science when they get sick to cure them and take up all the hospital beds so vaccinated people who have non-COVID emergency health issues are being turned away.
    Yep! I have heard from anti-vaxers that the vaccine is new and "experimental". However, they do not seem to realize that since the virus is "new" so is the treatment for it, so the treatment is "experimental," too. Another one is those who rely on prayer to prevent them from getting Covid. Prayer is great. I do believe in it, however; I also believe that the vaccine is the answer to those prayers. I had a kid once who really needed ADHD meds and mom said she'd prayer on it. I told her that her prayers were answered because there was medicine. Her reply was "the pastor said that the meds were the answer to my prayers".

Hubby spoke with the brother and he said they are both pretty sick. He will be in the hospital for weeks. Yeah, they are not going. The brother and sil canceled because their parents were supposed to go and they can't handle them alone. So I guess the group of 22 is now 18.

0 1