This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Vacation Ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Other Vacation Ideas?

In some ways the long lines could be indication that people are concerned because they have been in contact with someone infected so they want to get tested. More testing could mean more positive cases but better picture of how serious the out break is.
    I am dying to go! On vacation from work next week with no where to go and bored to death. I saw on interval plenty of units at la cabana even a 2 bedroom unit which Ive never seen before on the inventory. All I want to do is relax on the beach or pool, nap, have a few drinks.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Ace have you considered somewhere else? Va. Beach, Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head? An east coast visit means you don't lose a whole 2 days traveling. At least you'd get to go somewhere and there are plenty of places on Interval in these locations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Ace have you considered somewhere else? Va. Beach, Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head? An east coast visit means you don't lose a whole 2 days traveling. At least you'd get to go somewhere and there are plenty of places on Interval in these locations.
    You know Walt, I had not considered that. My brother took a vacation wife his kids, grand kids last month to Hilton Head and had a great time. He rented a house and said the beaches were pretty deserted. I will check that out. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    You know Walt, I had not considered that. My brother took a vacation wife his kids, grand kids last month to Hilton Head and had a great time. He rented a house and said the beaches were pretty deserted. I will check that out. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Hilton Head is very nice!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Hilton Head is great, but probably a long drive for you. If you want something closer, look at the northern section of Va Beach, the Outer Banks, N.C. (preferably Kitty Hawk or Nags Head), or Atlantic Beach/Emerald Isle, NC. We take family vacations to the Outer Banks or Emerald Isle every summer. My kids are in the Outer Banks now. I love going down there in September.
    Last edited by hatteras; 09-16-2020 at 11:19 AM.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Or how about the Jersey shore? Cape May has amazing beaches and is a really lovely little town (some great restaurants).
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Marco Island or Sarasota Fla. still warm enough to enjoy the beach and easy to get to.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Or how about the Jersey shore? Cape May has amazing beaches and is a really lovely little town (some great restaurants).
    Cape May is beautiful this time of year. In mid October, near the lighthouse, there are tons of Monarch butterflies as they stop there on their migration south. You can do a dolphin watch out of Cape May or Wildwood-we took out third graders out every June and saw tons of dolphins. If you like to gamble, AC is an easy drive up the Parkway. In between AC and Cape May are quite a few beach towns all with their own flavor. My favorite is Ocean City(I've been going there since I was about 3) which is very much a family resort area and it is also dry, so don't expect a drink with your meal.

I loved Hilton Head. We've been there twice-once for a week and once for a car show (last November). There is a place that makes amazing smoked beef brisket. When we were there in November we went with another couple and ran into two other groups of friends.

We usually end up in Myrtle Beach about once a year for a few days because Stu has several clients that relocated there. It great if you like seafood.

I've been to Ocean City, MD and Virginia beach but really can't comment as I there as a parent chaperon for my son's high school marching band.

You need to watch where you go as some states may be on your state quarantine list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ace, you might be screwed with the 14 day return quarantine. It's too bad, some of the states on NY's list are handling the virus well. Unfortunately the folks in New York won't get to experience a lot of places because the quarantine restrictions won't be addressed until much later it seems...

find Virginia on this list and you'll see exactly what I mean:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html

Post Thanks / Like
    New Jersey is on NY's "safe" list! I can't say enough wonderful things about Cape May. If you like Victoriana, you'll love it there. I vacationed there each June for many years.
    How about Cape Cod? Beautiful this time of year as well and on the bay side, it's really quiet and peaceful (and not as many sharks! LOL!). MA is on NY's safe list as well.
    But again, if flying is your only option (given you live in NYC thinking you may not have a car), these two Capes are not as convenient to reach.
    0 0