This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our Condolences to Jacki

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jackie; so sorry for your loss. Prayers from Donna and I to you at this sad time.

Glenn
    1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    no one, absolutely no one should die alone.

although jacki's mom did not die of covid, she was a covid victim.

I am so sorry jacki that the whole situation has made you angry.
    at times like this it should be about grief and sadness.
    but, because of covid and this horrible horrible year anger is everywhere...and rightfully so.
    you are angry, everyone is angry.
    it is just so overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Thank you. I feel like I'm always apologizing for being MIA from you guys. Please know how much I miss & appreciate you all!

You may remember a few years back it was touch & go for months after her cardiac bypass surgery. She was tired and done. I think she knew. This past August she said many times it would be her last trip to Aruba. I thought it was because my father's health had diminished so rapidly and she was his sole caregiver. It was a lot for her to take care of him and she was not mentally ready to put him in a facility.

Anyway, if I look back at the last few months there were a few signs and hints. I just didn't see them clearly and am in a complete state of shock. I was on the phone with the Dr and the Rehabilitation center facilitating her discharge on Thursday afternoon. Received the call from the hospital at 1:30am that she was gone.

on Friday the 13th in godforsaken 2020 my mom took her last breath. F 2020, F that hospital that didn't allow me to see my mom the entire time she was there (from 11/1 till 11/13 because of their assumption she was COVID positive even after 3 negative tests AND a negative antibody test) and F COVID!

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    1 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Jacki, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I know that it is heartbreaking that you weren't able to see her, and I completely understand. When my mom was hospitalized with covid, it was so horrible not being able to see her, and I really feared her dying alone. There are so many victims of Covid, not just the ones who have the disease. I'll be praying for you and your family.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I feel like I'm always apologizing for being MIA from you guys. Please know how much I miss & appreciate you all!

You may remember a few years back it was touch & go for months after her cardiac bypass surgery. She was tired and done. I think she knew. This past August she said many times it would be her last trip to Aruba. I thought it was because my father's health had diminished so rapidly and she was his sole caregiver. It was a lot for her to take care of him and she was not mentally ready to put him in a facility.

Anyway, if I look back at the last few months there were a few signs and hints. I just didn't see them clearly and am in a complete state of shock. I was on the phone with the Dr and the Rehabilitation center facilitating her discharge on Thursday afternoon. Received the call from the hospital at 1:30am that she was gone.

on Friday the 13th in godforsaken 2020 my mom took her last breath. F 2020, F that hospital that didn't allow me to see my mom the entire time she was there (from 11/1 till 11/13 because of their assumption she was COVID positive even after 3 negative tests AND a negative antibody test) and F COVID!
    Covid is awful and everything related to it is awful. It is so wrong that they made that assumption. The situation is just wrong. People should not die alone. I understand your anger, but try not to let it consume you. Don't let this awful situation color everything. Just think of the happy times and let those wonderful memories help you get through this difficult time. Be grateful for the good times and let those times shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    She loves Aruba and I'm sure she's walking in the sand and hanging in the water happy & free. She never made it down to the beach in August. I know in my heart that she's making up for it now!

Thank you all. I appreciate your words.
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    1 4

Post Thanks / Like
    She loves Aruba and I'm sure she's walking in the sand and hanging in the water happy & free. She never made it down to the beach in August. I know in my heart that she's making up for it now!

Thank you all. I appreciate your words.
    When you get back to Aruba can you bring some of the beach back to her. (little mason jar with eagle beach sand and the ocean.. went to my mom's
    favorite beach added a tiny seashell too and brought it to her)
    0 0