This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Our vaccination experiences

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    terrific!

so glad that you are getting back to Baltimore to visit

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    So happy for you, Peg!!

I get my 2nd shot on the 21st. My cousin Priscilla had her 2nd one last week. Her son, my godson, had Covid last Fall so he's full of antibodies. Soooo...I'm going to Baltimore for Easter!! First time I'll see my tiny family since February of last year. When I brought up the idea to her this weekend, she started to cry and I soon followed. You see, she and I were raised like sisters, we are BFFs, and the last time I saw her was for her husband's memorial service (cancer not Covid). It has been horrible not being able to be there for her and Greg this past year. My heart is happy for the first time in too long...

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    So happy for you, Peg!!

I get my 2nd shot on the 21st. My cousin Priscilla had her 2nd one last week. Her son, my godson, had Covid last Fall so he's full of antibodies. Soooo...I'm going to Baltimore for Easter!! First time I'll see my tiny family since February of last year. When I brought up the idea to her this weekend, she started to cry and I soon followed. You see, she and I were raised like sisters, we are BFFs, and the last time I saw her was for her husband's memorial service (cancer not Covid). It has been horrible not being able to be there for her and Greg this past year. My heart is happy for the first time in too long...
    Such a hopeful, happy post!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great news Lisa, enjoy!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You will all be posting similar happy news soon! We share the bad and sad with each other...time to start sharing the good and happy again!
    Now I just have to convince her to go to Aruba with me in August...she finally got her passport picture done and is working on the application...fingers crossed...

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Great news Lisa, enjoy!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my husband and I got our 2nd Pfizer vaccines yesterday morning. Of course my husband only has a sore arm. I woke this morning with chills, aches and a slight headache. I took Tylenol right away. My temp. fluctuated between 99.8 and 101.1. I forced myself to eat a slice of pizza tonight. They told me the possible side effects, which I already knew. It’s just my immune system doing what it’s supposed to do. It’s funny how some people have no reaction at all. Off to bed!
    1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    be well!!!
    2 good things I read of this post.................. 2nd shot AND PIZZA!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney4555 View Post
    Well, my husband and I got our 2nd Pfizer vaccines yesterday morning. Of course my husband only has a sore arm. I woke this morning with chills, aches and a slight headache. I took Tylenol right away. My temp. fluctuated between 99.8 and 101.1. I forced myself to eat a slice of pizza tonight. They told me the possible side effects, which I already knew. It’s just my immune system doing what it’s supposed to do. It’s funny how some people have no reaction at all. Off to bed!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney4555 View Post
    Feel better!! I know it’s not fun to feel lousy but it will be worth it to have 95% effectiveness. At least they give everyone a warning, I guess. My fear is I’ll think so much about it I’ll end up sick!!

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that I talked myself into feeling crummy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Feel better!! I know it’s not fun to feel lousy but it will be worth it to have 95% effectiveness. At least they give everyone a warning, I guess. My fear is I’ll think so much about it I’ll end up sick!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I think that I talked myself into feeling crummy.
    I totally understand that!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of you may remember that I mentioned I got a rather large and annoyingly painful rash after my first shot at the injection site. Well, come to find out it's actually called the "Moderna Rash"! Priscilla forwarded me an article from Apple News. It's fairly common and nothing to worry about according to the CDC. It can not only be very red and sore, but also itchy and hard on the surface. Can show up in a few hours or even the next day and last a few days.

The article also stated that the CDC is tracking all symptoms and there is apparently a link on their website where you can report what if any symptoms you have. I haven't had a chance to locate it yet, but I'm definitely going to send in my experience. It will help the CDC to better monitor reactions and alert the public. I'll try to find that link and post it later today...
    0 1