This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Our vaccination experiences

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the snowbirds here (who are not Florida residents) are getting a rude awakening.
    they ASS U Me D that they could hop onto our County Board of Health vaccine plan.

Here in our county and many other florida counties.... it is resident only.
    I believe it unfair to cut the line.
    Just last week, there were folks coming in from out of state just for the day to get a vaccine.

The Feds or the States Must do a better job at getting vaccinations in the arms of everyone, but first the ones that are most at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    It's really sad how every state is doing or not doing with the process of the vaccines.
    The couple that drove from CA to Florida in hopes to get vaccinated will not.
    One must be a resident here and show proof

My second vaccine site is still sore/ache (had my last dose on Thursday.. no side effect from the first one either)
    I was given the Pfizer vaccine too. And I still have to get covid test 2x weekly.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    How is he feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Tom got his jab in the arm this morning and it couldn’t have gone any smoother. Fifteen minutes from our house to Boston and the MGH parking garage. I waited in the car kind of expecting he would be at least 45 minutes but nope he was back in 20 minutes. No lines; got his shot and waited the required 15 minutes. Second shot scheduled for February 14th. He was given the Pfizer vaccine. So far so good!
    Awesome!
    Last edited by robin; 01-24-2021 at 07:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    How is he feeling?
    No issues at all. He didn’t even get a sore arm. It has been a huge mood lifter for Tom and gives us lots of hope.

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is a HUGE mood lifter.
    it is the LIGHT at the end of this damned tunnel.

No issues at all. He didn’t even get a sore arm. It has been a huge mood lifter for Tom and gives us lots of hope.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    it is a HUGE mood lifter.
    it is the LIGHT at the end of this damned tunnel.
    Tom has more of an issue with staying in all the time than me and it was getting to him. Once I got the appointment his mood was much happier. He was ready to do the happy dance! Once I hear something about scheduling mine we’ll be ready to think about making plans for a trip.

0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Governor Baker has once again changed the priority list for the vaccine for Phase 2. People with two high risk factors have been moved further down the list. People age 75 have been moved to first priority and age 65+ have moved up. This has been my biggest complaint about the roll out. With every week the opinion on who needs it most, changes.

On the good side, Massachusetts will be starting to vaccinate those in Phase 2 on February 1st. They are also opening up more vaccination sites. What makes me uncomfortable is the capacity for vaccinating is being increased BUT will they receive enough vaccine?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Governor Baker has once again changed the priority list for the vaccine for Phase 2. People with two high risk factors have been moved further down the list. People age 75 have been moved to first priority and age 65+ have moved up. This has been my biggest complaint about the roll out. With every week the opinion on who needs it most, changes.

On the good side, Massachusetts will be starting to vaccinate those in Phase 2 on February 1st. They are also opening up more vaccination sites. What makes me uncomfortable is the capacity for vaccinating is being increased BUT will they receive enough vaccine?
    Peg the issue around enough vaccine is on my mind also. Once they start then there needs to be enough for the second shot. Keeping my fingers crossed!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got bumped off the list. Due to supply issues my appointment was canceled. Meanwhile we are feeling pressure to get back to schools and offices. We have an uphill battle.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I just got bumped off the list. Due to supply issues my appointment was canceled. Meanwhile we are feeling pressure to get back to schools and offices. We have an uphill battle.

I completely understand how you are feeling and I relate. You can get within reach and then it’s taken away from you. Completely unfair. Yet, I try to rationalize that it’s a tremendous undertaking and try to be understanding. I sometimes fail. Hope you get rescheduled soon!!
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 01-25-2021 at 05:50 PM.

0 1

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    You are absolutely correct, King Ralph is the only physician in the governors mansion in all 50 states. You'd think at least he could do better.

Walt (and also Tracey), The Board of Supervisors for Chesterfield Co. just sent a scathing letter to the state about the rollout. Everyone here is jumping on Chesterfield and they, in turn, are passing the buck to the state. I think that both are mishandling the whole thing. Chesterfield claims that at the rate that we are going, it will take 6 months just to get the teachers vaccinated. Under those circumstances, we might not get vaccinated until months after that. This is totally unacceptable. After receiving so much backlash, Chesterfield finally put up a sign up for vaccine info. page on their site. It states that it is just to let us know when vaccines will be available, not to sign up for them, and they state that it could be months before any will be available. I also read that VA. is now #50 in the rollout!!

0 0