This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Praises and Disses for Airlines

Post Thanks / Like

Praises and Disses for Airlines

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    2 days....just got the email from Delta this morning to pre-select my meals for the flight.....
    I'm loving Delta! I flew them to Seattle last month first class and received the emails to select meals. On both legs of trip they offered the coach passengers a complimentary sandwich wrap which I though was cool..

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I'm loving Delta! I flew them to Seattle last month first class and received the emails to select meals. On both legs of trip they offered the coach passengers a complimentary sandwich wrap which I though was cool..
    We won't fly anyone but Delta - they have always taken good care of us with their level of service no matter which cabin we're in. Very nice that they offered coach passengers a comp sandwich - I don't see/hear of that very often. Maybe because it was a long flight (east coast to west coast?) We fly to Seattle alot but we're in the middle of the country so the flight isn't as long.
    ~Amy~® -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019 -- 39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019 -- 40th trip to Aruba: April/May 2020

0 2

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have no choice but to fly United since they are the only game in town non-stop. They are the worse airline that has ever existed. But we live less than 15 minutes from the airport and i am not driving an hour and a half just to fly another airline so we are screwed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    We have no choice but to fly United since they are the only game in town non-stop. They are the worse airline that has ever existed. But we live less than 15 minutes from the airport and i am not driving an hour and a half just to fly another airline so we are screwed.
    You know that is the only American Airline besides SouthWest that I have never flown with United.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I've flown American, USAir, Eastern, Piedmont, Alaska, United, Northwest, Delta, KLM, Air France, Luftansa, Alitalia, Kuwait Airlines, British Airways, Etihad, Emirates, Singapore, Asiana, JAL and ANA to name a few. By far the Asian Airlines like Singapore and ANA are the best even in coach. Next would be Emirates and Etihad. Of the US airlines Delta and Alaska are nicest. I've had great experiences and not so great on a lot of different airlines, but you gotta fly the airlines that goes where you need to be. All that said, we fly American first class everywhere because there are just more flight options out of our little airport and there's no such thing as non-stop. No need to bitch, it is what it is.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    my least favorite is Allegiant..but it is the airline that lands in Portsmouth NH, 10 miles from my kids!
    my favorite is Alaska Air.....superb service.
    the airline I mostly use....SWA and it is neither great nor crummy.
    It flies to AUA, to Manchester NH, to San Diego and to other places we like to go.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    American is the one we use most frequently because Philly is a hub and it probably has about 75% of the Caribbean/domestic gates. It's eh. Atlantic City Airport is closer than Philly, but the only thing that goes out of there is Spirit. Best airline we've flown would probably be Cathay Pacific out of JFK, then Lufthansa, British Airways. Worst was a regional airline from Malaga, Spain to Venice, Italy. We were stuck on it because the original airline went bankrupt. Long story. My seat back was broken-would not stay in one position-taking off it went back and landing it went forward. They refused to move my seat because the only ones available were more expensive.

0 1

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, good to know about Alaska airlines because we have to go to a wedding in seattle in the summer and were told to fly into portland since the winery is closer to portland then flying into seattle. we then want to fly to vegas. united flies to San Fran and then Vegas. But Alaska airlines flies direct but never heard of them before. but you are the 2nd person to tell me they are good. I guess I will book with them when we go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gaby, you can't go wrong with Alaska.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    who knew, I thought it was one of those propeller planes, lol, you use island hopping. but that is who we will use to go to vegas. we are renting a car in portland and thought maybe we would drive to vegas but to do that, they charge the rental of $1000. but if we rent in portland and return, then rent in vegas and return, its $500, the airfare on Alaska is like $86 one way. Worth it to fly rather than spend 15 hours driving as opposed to about an hour or so