This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Puttin’ on the old feed bag AKA Super Bowl Food

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Puttin’ on the old feed bag AKA Super Bowl Food

We had it narrowed down to chili and cornbread or pizza or wings and wings won out!
    i will rub them with a nice rub and Paul will cook in the grill.

This will be a nice treat and break from Weight Watchers.

No guests and no house parties with our friends.
    Blanking Covid!!

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    No menu as of yet. I tend to go day by day with this because I never know what we’ll feel like. It will just be us watching. Tom will start screaming at the TV and I will give up and go in the other room. Although I don’t think there will be as much screaming without the Patriots in it! Since we had Buffalo chicken fingers today maybe I’ll go with potato skins topped with chili to start.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    potato skins with chili sound perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    No menu as of yet. I tend to go day by day with this because I never know what we’ll feel like. It will just be us watching. Tom will start screaming at the TV and I will give up and go in the other room. Although I don’t think there will be as much screaming without the Patriots in it! Since we had Buffalo chicken fingers today maybe I’ll go with potato skins topped with chili to start.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Nachos and chicken wings here. Cheering for TB12!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Wings sound great! Not sure what we will have yet. We better figure it out soon, lol.
    April 17th- Aruba here we come!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It will just be the 2 of us and we are celebrating the first year of legalized online sports betting in Virginia. We tend to stay home on SB Sunday and Jon goes to bed around half time but I'm thinking this year he will be more interested.. We will be having ceviche as a starter, with steamed shrimp and hushpuppies with honey butter as the main event. We will likely have some chicken wings earlier in the day and we will be snacking on jalapeño cheese dip and cranberry goat cheese spread throughout the day.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a change of plans. Woke up this morning to snow and changed our plan and fired up a couple of crock pots. We are doing Mississippi pot roast that we will use to make sliders - that will replace the shrimp and hushpuppies. I am doing a mini batch of corn and shrimp chowder so we will have sliders and soup for the main event. I have a smaller crock pot with jalepeno popper dip going. I had a few eggs I needed to use so I made deviled eggs. I'm still going to make ceviche - will probably do that soon while we watch a little basketball.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the wings turned out delicious.
    I put a dry rub on Paul's and on mine I used G Hughes sugar free bbq and they were great.
    Then we ate ice cream.
    I am a bit nauseated from the bad stuff.

I entered in all of my weight watcher points to my tracker and sadly, I am out of daily points, weekly points and the earned fitness points.
    This week will have to be all 0 point foods (veggies and chicken and fish) and the way I feel now, I regret eating the crap.
    But very good at the time!

Corn and shrimp chowder at Tracey's sounds amazing!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We had crab cakes, clam chowder and shrimp all from Captain Mardins in Wellesley- just awesome!
    April 17th- Aruba here we come!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    We used to LOVE CApT in Wellesley!!!
    Delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    We had crab cakes, clam chowder and shrimp all from Captain Mardins in Wellesley- just awesome!

0 1