This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAIN in the north east

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

RAIN in the north east

Hope that all of our forum members in the path of yesterday's storm are safe and sustained no damage.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We had heavy rain and winds during the night. Started clearing around 8:00 am so all good. Some minor flooding in the city. Haven’t heard of any damage. Once again we have dodged a bullet.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We got a good amount of rain overnight , probably 4 inches based on how full the pool is. All is good in my seacoast NH area.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Here in North Jersey we had heavy rain. We probably got around 7 inches. My husband volunteers to assist in the communications for our fire dept. He was at the desk from 9pm-2:30am. So many roads flooded and stupid people who insist driving around barriers. Abandoned cars on flooded roads had to be checked for occupants. A brook in our town over flowed it’s banks and flooded some streets. It’s a muddy mess on some streets this morning. Luckily we didn’t lose power. It could have been so much worse, just look at Louisiana.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Andrea. We live in norther NJ in Lodi which made the news. The downtown area is underwater - River overflowed. But we are good where we are….thanks again. Colette
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    What a wild night here in SW Connecticut. We got eight inches of rain. I've never seen lightning like I did last night. More than two dozens roads are closed in Greenwich. We've been fielding calls all morning with clients who now have indoor pools in their basements. We had a severe tornado warning last night so hung out in the basement for about 30 minutes (but it's dry!). Today is absolutely gorgeous which will hopefully help greatly with clean up.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    There are many people who did not survive the flood water. It seems like there is one disaster after another lately.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We were lucky. The stormed moved more westerly than originally predicted. We had heavy rain and some wind, but no issues. However; 30 mile away in Mullica Hill, homes were destroyed by a tornado, one of them decimated belongs to a teacher who worked in my school(her mom was also a teacher in our school). She has two little girls and I think is currently pregnant. Their house is a pile of rubble. In a FB post she said the house fell apart around them. They lost everything. Luckily, no serious injuries. Philadelphia is a mess. Vine Street Expressway is under 15 feet of water, 30th Street Station(I was there yesterday picking up the kids) tracks are underwater and parts of the Skullkill Expressway are under water. I have never seen anything like it.

0 0

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the Croton Dam, 3/4 mile from our house. The picture was taken this morning. We are lucky to have no flooding. oops the picture did not make the cut!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We were lucky. The stormed moved more westerly than originally predicted. We had heavy rain and some wind, but no issues. However; 30 mile away in Mullica Hill, homes were destroyed by a tornado, one of them decimated belongs to a teacher who worked in my school(her mom was also a teacher in our school). She has two little girls and I think is currently pregnant. Their house is a pile of rubble. In a FB post she said the house fell apart around them. They lost everything. Luckily, no serious injuries. Philadelphia is a mess. Vine Street Expressway is under 15 feet of water, 30th Street Station(I was there yesterday picking up the kids) tracks are underwater and parts of the Skullkill Expressway are under water. I have never seen anything like it.
    She was actually interviewed on ABC national news. So heartbreaking.

0 0