This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stressed? Anxious? Frightened?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Stressed? Anxious? Frightened?

Stressed, anxious or frightened?
    I am.

We can try to help ourselves by being distracted and busy.... stop watching the news, stop reading about coronavirus, look at all of your Aruba photos, make a plan for your day, do not look at your 401/ira accounts, read, go for a walk, sit outside in the sun even if it is cold, call an old friend, pray, yoga, meditate, reminisce thru photo albums, cook, bake, log on to aruba.com/forum, do crafts.

Do not let this virus pandemic shut you down.

Recognize how you are feeling....... and anxiety I am sure is real normal, in situations like this.

What I find in myself is I become unmotivated, silent and bored. I know a lot of this is corona virus, but some of it is missing my dog.

Share some DE-Stressing ideas.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, yes, and yes.

When I get home I plan on throwing myself into doing what I have been putting off-painting the laundry room(I have the paint) and maybe the downstairs bathroom. Pull each room apart and clean, get rid of stuff. I had scanned several thousand old pictures. I need to label and separate those so I can share them with family. Then I can start to scan the pictures since the kids were born and label-probably a few hundred thousand. I can listen to music or listen to TV shows like HGTV or METV while I work. I want to crochet some blankets for the Veteran's home and do whatever mosaic work I can do. I hope to get out and walk a couple times a day because I really, really need to lose weight.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not sure what I am. Not really stressed; at least not since I was able to schedule a grocery delivery. Not really anxious since I feel safe at home and have been keeping busy, read distracted. Definitely not frightened as we have been following the guidelines and lowering our risk. I think what I am is frustrated as there are just so many unknowns

I’m not watching as much news. Quite tired of the 3 hours worth of updates daily. Would much rather have regular programming as a distraction. Pounding away on the treadmill helps with the stress level. Reading in the evening. Cooking way more. Maddy, our yellow lab, thinks we have a never ending play date! It’s always surprising to me at 7 years old how much energy she has and how she can be in constant play mode.

0 1

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mornin' Andrea, Robin, Pegmeister and everyone else,

I'm wondering if retirement (I retired in October 2018) has been a bit of a practice run for what we're doing now.

While we are concerned, we try to make the best of it. We don't watch as much news as we did short days ago; not because we're frightened but we find it endlessly repetitive. I know how to wash my hands. So do you.

Cleaning, straightening, napping, looking out the window and tv watching is what we do anyway. Now we'll just be doing more of it.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Stressed, anxious or frightened?
    I am.

We can try to help ourselves by being distracted and busy.... stop watching the news, stop reading about coronavirus, look at all of your Aruba photos, make a plan for your day, do not look at your 401/ira accounts, read, go for a walk, sit outside in the sun even if it is cold, call an old friend, pray, yoga, meditate, reminisce thru photo albums, cook, bake, log on to aruba.com/forum, do crafts.

Do not let this virus pandemic shut you down.

Recognize how you are feeling....... and anxiety I am sure is real normal, in situations like this.

What I find in myself is I become unmotivated, silent and bored. I know a lot of this is corona virus, but some of it is missing my dog.

Share some DE-Stressing ideas.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes...Stressed only when I am driving home form work. I don''t want to bring this virus home to my husband who is immunocompromised. When at work no time to think about being stressed.
    No....Anxious. Pray twice a day even before Covid-19. I eat healthy and exercise a lot...so maybe that helps. But who knows that could change.
    Yes...Frightened for my coworkers and myself if there is not enough PPE in the very near future.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Stressed, anxious or frightened? Not really, bored? Heck yes! I just started teleworking yesterday and was damn near crazy by "quitting" time. The next several weeks are gonna be hard. I've had to set up my office on the kitchen table, so I might start dabbling with making my own bread since the stores are constantly sold out and I can keep an eye on it while I'm working. To get out of the house we went and got takeout from a real good neighborhood place last night. We placed the order and sat in the car in the parking lot while we waited. Although a great necessity in these times, I'm not a big fan of isolation.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Doubt any of us are, Walt! It's a chilly but gorgeous day here in CT so plan on sitting outside in the sun when I get home (came into the office to get some stuff done in case the Governor decides "legal services" really aren't exempt!) - with my winter jacket and gloves on! Maybe those UV rays will help the world beat this thing. But it will still feel good just to be outside breathing clean air and feeling the warmth of the sun.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Mornin' Andrea, Robin, Pegmeister and everyone else,

I'm wondering if retirement (I retired in October 2018) has been a bit of a practice run for what we're doing now.

While we are concerned, we try to make the best of it. We don't watch as much news as we did short days ago; not because we're frightened but we find it endlessly repetitive. I know how to wash my hands. So do you.

Cleaning, straightening, napping, looking out the window and tv watching is what we do anyway. Now we'll just be doing more of it.

Glenn
    Retirement is definitely a practice run. I was saying that to Tom the other day. We’re used to being home together all day.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    exactly.
    Paul and I both had the flu 3 yrs ago and were bedridden for 3 days.
    to me that was also a practice run.
    we were too sick to be bored, worried and annoying to each other etc..

there is a lot to be said about retirement.........there is a lot to be said about being apart for a few hours a day too (in my case!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Retirement is definitely a practice run. I was saying that to Tom the other day. We’re used to being home together all day.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, distance makes the heart grow fonder. That's why I traveled for almost 40 years. But we're doing okay so far... it's only been two days so far but we're doing okay.

0 1