This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stressed? Anxious? Frightened?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    We are trying our best to keep things normal in our house with a 10 year old....both of us working from home etc....All that said tts starting to get really depressing here in MA. Nothing to do and no place to go....everything is closed, all parks etc...And to top it off we have over 1k new cases today I am not sure what to think. Its really overwhelming. I was in the store yesterday and asked when the last time they had any paper products and they said 3 weeks ago and have NO idea when they will receive any more. The shoppers in masks....this is like starting to become a real life horror movie IMO with no end in sight.
    Yes, it sucks. But you and your family are healthy. You are able to get food. You can go into your backyard.

I have read a lot of stories, some historical fiction and some non-fiction related both related to WWII and what it was like for civilians, people in the concentration camps, others in hiding or in the resistance. Those novels make what we are going through seem like a walk in the park. We have food. We have gas. We are not sharing our homes with strangers or nor have our homes been destroyed or taken from us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay, my feeling is the best thing is to try and NOT think about an end date for this. It will just make it all the more frustrating. As they say, be in the now!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    We are trying our best to keep things normal in our house with a 10 year old....both of us working from home etc....All that said tts starting to get really depressing here in MA. Nothing to do and no place to go....everything is closed, all parks etc...And to top it off we have over 1k new cases today I am not sure what to think. Its really overwhelming. I was in the store yesterday and asked when the last time they had any paper products and they said 3 weeks ago and have NO idea when they will receive any more. The shoppers in masks....this is like starting to become a real life horror movie IMO with no end in sight.