This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stressed? Anxious? Frightened?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    We are trying our best to keep things normal in our house with a 10 year old....both of us working from home etc....All that said tts starting to get really depressing here in MA. Nothing to do and no place to go....everything is closed, all parks etc...And to top it off we have over 1k new cases today I am not sure what to think. Its really overwhelming. I was in the store yesterday and asked when the last time they had any paper products and they said 3 weeks ago and have NO idea when they will receive any more. The shoppers in masks....this is like starting to become a real life horror movie IMO with no end in sight.
    Yes, it sucks. But you and your family are healthy. You are able to get food. You can go into your backyard.

I have read a lot of stories, some historical fiction and some non-fiction related both related to WWII and what it was like for civilians, people in the concentration camps, others in hiding or in the resistance. Those novels make what we are going through seem like a walk in the park. We have food. We have gas. We are not sharing our homes with strangers or nor have our homes been destroyed or taken from us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay, my feeling is the best thing is to try and NOT think about an end date for this. It will just make it all the more frustrating. As they say, be in the now!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    We are trying our best to keep things normal in our house with a 10 year old....both of us working from home etc....All that said tts starting to get really depressing here in MA. Nothing to do and no place to go....everything is closed, all parks etc...And to top it off we have over 1k new cases today I am not sure what to think. Its really overwhelming. I was in the store yesterday and asked when the last time they had any paper products and they said 3 weeks ago and have NO idea when they will receive any more. The shoppers in masks....this is like starting to become a real life horror movie IMO with no end in sight.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel anxious mostly at night when my husband is in bed (my quiet time) guess it is when the mind starts to wander. I have been trying to shut the tv off and listen to my satellite radio choosing oldies or country music to relax. I also am downloading books to start reading as well.

I am more paranoid after returning from a grocery store run or pharmacy run, it is an awful feeling not knowing who you are in the store with. Not everyone obeys the rules you know. We have more than enough food now so our grocery store stops should be limited now. I cannot find rubbing alcohol anywhere which is needed for my husband, feel like everyone is hoarding it for reasons other than medical so that is very frustrating. you can't buy certain things on line, you have to go into stores only to find out of stock. I did call CVS today, apologized ahead of time as I'm sure they are getting lots of calls. The girl on the phone was VERY nice, explained she would rather get calls than have everyone in the store and told me to call early Thursday mornings when the truck delivers. Fingers crossed.

Working from home, video meetings twice a week (although most people on phones so cannot see their faces Waiting for some warm sunshine to at least be able to sit outside on my deck and work.

Stay safe and well everyone

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    I feel anxious mostly at night when my husband is in bed (my quiet time) guess it is when the mind starts to wander. I have been trying to shut the tv off and listen to my satellite radio choosing oldies or country music to relax. I also am downloading books to start reading as well.

I am more paranoid after returning from a grocery store run or pharmacy run, it is an awful feeling not knowing who you are in the store with. Not everyone obeys the rules you know. We have more than enough food now so our grocery store stops should be limited now. I cannot find rubbing alcohol anywhere which is needed for my husband, feel like everyone is hoarding it for reasons other than medical so that is very frustrating. you can't buy certain things on line, you have to go into stores only to find out of stock. I did call CVS today, apologized ahead of time as I'm sure they are getting lots of calls. The girl on the phone was VERY nice, explained she would rather get calls than have everyone in the store and told me to call early Thursday mornings when the truck delivers. Fingers crossed.

Working from home, video meetings twice a week (although most people on phones so cannot see their faces Waiting for some warm sunshine to at least be able to sit outside on my deck and work.

Stay safe and well everyone
    You are not alone. I went shopping very early yesterday (6am) to Stop and Shop. Everyone kept their distance but when I first went in and saw everyone in masks and gloves ( I did have gloves ) I thought I was having an anxiety attack. It just overwhelmed me. I wanted to run out but I needed to do an order since we were out of quite a few things. One man started coughing as I walked past him. I hope it was a smokers cough. I told my husband we should be good for at least 2 weeks. I have many restless nights worrying about when this will end. We live in Northern NJ and are considered the N.Y. Metro area. The confirmed cases and deaths are rising like crazy. It’s such a scary time but just know you’re not the only one feeling this way.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    stoney, know how you feel. I'm at the other end of the N.Y. Metro area in southwestern CT. More and more positive cases (and unfortunately, deaths) each day. Nine doctors at my local hospital have tested positive today. i have a good amount of stuff in the house (and have an order coming from Omaha Steaks next week), but there are a few things i could use from the grocery store. I keep putting it off; i just don't want to go but know I would feel better afterward having these things as it is only going to get a lot worse before they start to get better.

Indulge me for a few moments...this forum helps me and I know I'm not alone in feeling that. I check in all through the day (since I am still able to go to work) even if I don't have time to post. I look forward to getting home and finally sitting down and catching up on strings and posting...reading what others are going through and feeling, what you've done today...seeing that trips are being postponed but not cancelled (if Walt, Chuck, and their better halves go in July, that means I can go in September!!)...the interesting threads that Andrea starts (we never did finish that 2nd round of adjectives for Aruba!)...reminiscing about fun times in Aruba...it all seems so insignificant in the bigger picture, but really so important in little ways that will help us get through this TOGETHER by communicating with each other, feeling connected to something, even if it's just our shared love of a pretty little island in the Southern Caribbean. We have to be here for each other, our families, our friends, our communities. We will get through this...

Okay, retiring the soapbox for tonight. Love you guys!!!

0 5

Post Thanks / Like
    My son is an EMT who lives with us in Cumberland County. He is assigned mostly to Ocean and Monmouth counties, but has gone as far north as Newark. He goes into hospitals and picks up discharged patients to take them to nursing homes, mental health facilities, and homes. My hubby takes meds that suppress his immune system because he has had two kidney transplants. I am the only one who goes shopping. It is so scary. The news is so scary. I just keep praying for health for our family and friends, which includes the wonderful friends on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney4555 View Post
    You are not alone. I went shopping very early yesterday (6am) to Stop and Shop. Everyone kept their distance but when I first went in and saw everyone in masks and gloves ( I did have gloves ) I thought I was having an anxiety attack. It just overwhelmed me. I wanted to run out but I needed to do an order since we were out of quite a few things. One man started coughing as I walked past him. I hope it was a smokers cough. I told my husband we should be good for at least 2 weeks. I have many restless nights worrying about when this will end. We live in Northern NJ and are considered the N.Y. Metro area. The confirmed cases and deaths are rising like crazy. It’s such a scary time but just know you’re not the only one feeling this way.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    feel free to use the soapbox often.

be well!!

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    stoney, know how you feel. I'm at the other end of the N.Y. Metro area in southwestern CT. More and more positive cases (and unfortunately, deaths) each day. Nine doctors at my local hospital have tested positive today. i have a good amount of stuff in the house (and have an order coming from Omaha Steaks next week), but there are a few things i could use from the grocery store. I keep putting it off; i just don't want to go but know I would feel better afterward having these things as it is only going to get a lot worse before they start to get better.

Indulge me for a few moments...this forum helps me and I know I'm not alone in feeling that. I check in all through the day (since I am still able to go to work) even if I don't have time to post. I look forward to getting home and finally sitting down and catching up on strings and posting...reading what others are going through and feeling, what you've done today...seeing that trips are being postponed but not cancelled (if Walt, Chuck, and their better halves go in July, that means I can go in September!!)...the interesting threads that Andrea starts (we never did finish that 2nd round of adjectives for Aruba!)...reminiscing about fun times in Aruba...it all seems so insignificant in the bigger picture, but really so important in little ways that will help us get through this TOGETHER by communicating with each other, feeling connected to something, even if it's just our shared love of a pretty little island in the Southern Caribbean. We have to be here for each other, our families, our friends, our communities. We will get through this...

Okay, retiring the soapbox for tonight. Love you guys!!!
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    My son is an EMT who lives with us in Cumberland County. He is assigned mostly to Ocean and Monmouth counties, but has gone as far north as Newark. He goes into hospitals and picks up discharged patients to take them to nursing homes, mental health facilities, and homes. My hubby takes meds that suppress his immune system because he has had two kidney transplants. I am the only one who goes shopping. It is so scary. The news is so scary. I just keep praying for health for our family and friends, which includes the wonderful friends on this forum.
    I think of you guys so often as Tom has the same issue with the meds. While I’ve been getting grocery deliveries and then wiping every product down with wipes I still worry. The few times I had to go to CVS or the corner market I’ve insisted Tom stay home. Currently debating on heading out very early tomorrow in search of toilet paper or if it would just be a lost cause. We have enough for probably 2 maybe 3 weeks. I think finding it out of stock each week does make me feel a little panicked. Finding items in stock could prove more difficult. We have a local Indian restaurant that had to close all 3 of their restaurants as they haven’t been able to get deliveries.

Will be so glad when we can have even a bit of normalcy in our lives!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Peg I ordered some via Amazon 3 days ago and it said it would not be available till mid April or May....Today I got a message they shipped so unless they are on the back of a camel I will have a few extra if you run into an emergency- we are only 30 odd miles apart. That said I need to receive some to give any up. I think I have about 3 weeks - a months worth right now for the 3 of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I think of you guys so often as Tom has the same issue with the meds. While I’ve been getting grocery deliveries and then wiping every product down with wipes I still worry. The few times I had to go to CVS or the corner market I’ve insisted Tom stay home. Currently debating on heading out very early tomorrow in search of toilet paper or if it would just be a lost cause. We have enough for probably 2 maybe 3 weeks. I think finding it out of stock each week does make me feel a little panicked. Finding items in stock could prove more difficult. We have a local Indian restaurant that had to close all 3 of their restaurants as they haven’t been able to get deliveries.

Will be so glad when we can have even a bit of normalcy in our lives!

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    since Jay and Peg are talking "toilet paper"....Paul and I bought this about a year ago

a bidet

https://www.amazon.com/Cleaning-Atta...711675&sr=8-13
    and it is WONDERFUL.
    seriously all you have to do is "dry yourself"
    our toilet paper usage is greatly reduced.

however.....it hooks up to the toilet water source.
    therefore it is cold.

here in FL our tap water is really not overly cold, it is tolerable.
    but you folks on well water or city/town water from a cold weather state...
    that initial water wash from the bidet would be unpleasant.

STOP laughing.
    STOP saying jeez Andrea is really a bizzaro.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1