This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stressed? Anxious? Frightened?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jay but I’m up early this morning and off on a mission. If unsuccessful, Tom’s sister has offered up some of her stash. Now, I do have a mask should I wear it?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    If it makes you feel safer then wear it. Not sure of the effect they have, but peace of mind is a wonderful thing.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    If it makes you feel safer then wear it. Not sure of the effect they have, but peace of mind is a wonderful thing.
    So many different opinions on the matter. When Tom had his transplant one clinic insisted he wear a mask for his protection the other clinic did not.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I was unsuccessful
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stressed?  Anxious?  Frightened?-c6500bc8-8e63-40ea-a293-690e788c12b1-jpg  

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was in the grocery store yesterday had a some and were stocking paper towels. I just shook my head and said to the women who was putting out paper towels something like, "wow, unbelievable". She said yeah, they keep buying toilet paper and we run out as soon as we get it in, but if they are buying that much tp, why are we not running out of toilet bowl cleaner? ummm

Post Thanks / Like
    YES you should 100 percent wear it! Here is something I was just reading. Adrien Burch, an expert in microbiology at the University of California, Berkeley, noted that "despite hearing that face masks 'don't work,' you probably haven't seen any strong evidence to support that claim. That's because it doesn't exist."In fact, there is evidence of the exact opposite: that masks help prevent viral infections like the current pandemic.

I honestly believe we have not been told the entire truth about this virus since day one. If we were they would have said masks CAN help prevent the spread....why on earth would doctors wear them if they did not help? Why would they be complaining they don't have the needed supplies? Because they help.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Thanks Jay but I’m up early this morning and off on a mission. If unsuccessful, Tom’s sister has offered up some of her stash. Now, I do have a mask should I wear it?

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife just got off another conference call and her company just extended her stay at home through the end of the month. While expected this is not good news at all and I expect JNJ to start doing layoffs within the week. My wife is scared she will lose her job and my response was try and not to worry about things we have zero control over- not exactly the most reassuring thing I could say but we can't start freaking out about her job as that will only make things infinitely harder on all of us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, they say most of the things we worry about don’t happen. I truly hope your wife doesn’t lose her job!!!

These are absolutely crazy times. It’s impossible to predict how things will go. If only people would follow the advisories we would have a better chance of getting through this. I was in Roche Bros for maybe 2 minutes this morning. I just walked to the paper aisle, it was empty so I left. Since it was early there were not too many people. I wore my mask but I would say fewer people were wearing masks than those that did not. I didn’t see anyone with gloves other than those that work there. This is kind of surprising as seven people have died in our city.

My sister-in-law came through with the toilet paper. I think we owe her dinner at the very least. She drove up dropped the bag on the stairs and left. We spoke only briefly. Kind of sad. In the meantime, I’ve put in another order at Omaha Steaks and hope I don’t have to go near a grocery store until this is over.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband's doctor said, that the regular surgical mask, the most common ones we see, are to prevent people who may have something from spreading it to someone else. The N95 are to prevent the person wearing it to not get whatever is out there because it filters out more tiny particles than a surgical mask, meaning it lets less of the particles through the mask to your face. It is also a much tighter fit. To me it would make sense for everyone to the N95-both the sick and the well. I believe the N95 is used more often in construction than in medicine. I know I needed to use one when I was using paint stripper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    My wife just got off another conference call and her company just extended her stay at home through the end of the month. While expected this is not good news at all and I expect JNJ to start doing layoffs within the week. My wife is scared she will lose her job and my response was try and not to worry about things we have zero control over- not exactly the most reassuring thing I could say but we can't start freaking out about her job as that will only make things infinitely harder on all of us.
    I hope she will not be laid off. If it does happen, she can collect unemployment and I bet will be called back in once this whole thing is over.