This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Stressed? Anxious? Frightened?

Post Thanks / Like
    I will keep my fingers crossed and try not to worry about the what if....more worried about my friends and family's health more than jobs/money. I am somewhat thankful I don't have to worry about my mom....as you know she passed but today IS her birthday- my mom will always be a fool

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I hope she will not be laid off. If it does happen, she can collect unemployment and I bet will be called back in once this whole thing is over.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    And there is partying in heaven as I type!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I will keep my fingers crossed and try not to worry about the what if....more worried about my friends and family's health more than jobs/money. I am somewhat thankful I don't have to worry about my mom....as you know she passed but today IS her birthday- my mom will always be a fool
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a couple of N95 masks. I ordered them back in Feb...the same time I stocked up on just about everything I could.
    My husband's doctor said, that the regular surgical mask, the most common ones we see, are to prevent people who may have something from spreading it to someone else. The N95 are to prevent the person wearing it to not get whatever is out there because it filters out more tiny particles than a surgical mask, meaning it lets less of the particles through the mask to your face. It is also a much tighter fit. To me it would make sense for everyone to the N95-both the sick and the well. I believe the N95 is used more often in construction than in medicine. I know I needed to use one when I was using paint stripper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha! Excellent point, Robin!
    I have enough I hope since it's just me. But I scored two rolls of some no-name brand at Walgreen's last Saturday. Will probably feel like sandpaper so will use the "good stuff" first. I got tissues there as well. Milk and bread too. Walgreen's actually has a lot more groceries that I ever realized.

I put in a 2nd Omaha Steaks order today. Don't have the first one (that is due on 4/8), but there was such a good deal today, I couldn't resist. Peg, did you get your order yet?

When I was in the grocery store yesterday had a some and were stocking paper towels. I just shook my head and said to the women who was putting out paper towels something like, "wow, unbelievable". She said yeah, they keep buying toilet paper and we run out as soon as we get it in, but if they are buying that much tp, why are we not running out of toilet bowl cleaner? ummm

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lisa, I haven’t received my order yet. It’s scheduled for the 7th. I placed a 2nd order today figuring it would come the following week but it’s scheduled for the 9th. I was surprised at the shorter ship time.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Peg, I just sent you a PM. Let me know if you received. Didn't think the whole world would be interested in my Omaha order woes! LOL!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    as far as "TP" goes, went to Bj's Wholesale club the other day very well stocked with that as well as paper towels. No Kleenex but that is not a priority. someone in line told me Costco was putting these items in everyone's cart as they entered the store if they wanted them, pretty good customer service.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    as far as "TP" goes, went to Bj's Wholesale club the other day very well stocked with that as well as paper towels. No Kleenex but that is not a priority. someone in line told me Costco was putting these items in everyone's cart as they entered the store if they wanted them, pretty good customer service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Our BJ's is a big empty.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we are now finally under "state lockdown" effective Friday at 12:01 am
    (except for the "many privileged rule breakers" that are still playing golf and tennis here.)

the most fun (or as my grandsons say the funnest) thing we do all day is sit in the yard, sit in the hot tub, and order unnecessary items from Amazon.
    did I really need a NE Patriots lawn gnome? yes I did damn it!

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 3