This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving 2021

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanksgiving 2021

Happy Thanksgiving week to all that celebrate.

We will be heading to the Arctic Circle (aka Maine) for just a few days to enjoy dinner with the kids and celebrate our youngest grandson's 6 birthday!
    Then home for a couple of days, regroup and head to Aruba middle of next week.

I wish all of you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!!

Pls tell us of your plans and menu!!

Turkey is on our menu with all of the stuff that goes along with it.
    I asked my son and daughter in law what the kids will eat (very fussy eaters).........the answer was rolls and dessert.
    Those apples did not fall far from the tree!!

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving Andrea and Paul, along with all our friends on the forum.

I will be cooking this year. It’s just the two of us so it will be a very relaxed holiday. The grocery order was delivered this morning. I was kind of sweating it with all the talk about shortages, especially small turkeys and cream cheese. Fortunately, I got everything on my order. Tom has been slowly regaining some of his taste since his radiation treatments so I hope he will be able to enjoy!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Stu and I just returned yesterday from a 9 day road trip for him to see clients, a dinner with friends, & some distillery stops(tastings and buying). I did some shopping before we left and the bulk of it today. I hope to get the rest finished after I drop off my Pilot at the body shop and pick up the rental since of course this is the week they start the body work (I was hit in the parking of the grocery store in October by someone who does not know how to use a rearview mirror).

The kids are coming in tomorrow and the other kid got off, so it will just be the 5 of us this year. We did not invite Stu's cousins because they refuse to get vaccinated. His sister is in Canada and does not want to test to come in to the US and go back to Canada. Nice, quiet, peaceful, easy Thanksgiving. Turkey and salmon, homemade stuffing-including the bread for the stuffing, locally grown sweet potatoes, veggies, homemade rolls, homemade cranberry sauce, my apple pie and cheesecake. Hanukkah begins Sunday night, so I am planning for that, too.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the first year in 3 or 4 years that we are not flying in or out of Aruba on Thanksgiving. It is really hitting me that we don’t have a trip this year. We have a few invites for Thanksgiving and we are still undecided. Jon asked yesterday if I wanted to stay home and do a seafood feast! I would prefer something more traditional. I enjoy doing a Thanksgiving meal for just the two of us and we usually pick a weekend during the season and do it. This year we have been busy and just haven’t made many plans. We will go to visit and have dinner with my in-laws next Saturday. They are so good about working around everyone else’s holiday plans. It’s refreshing.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    This is the first year in 3 or 4 years that we are not flying in or out of Aruba on Thanksgiving. It is really hitting me that we don’t have a trip this year. We have a few invites for Thanksgiving and we are still undecided. Jon asked yesterday if I wanted to stay home and do a seafood feast! I would prefer something more traditional. I enjoy doing a Thanksgiving meal for just the two of us and we usually pick a weekend during the season and do it. This year we have been busy and just haven’t made many plans. We will go to visit and have dinner with my in-laws next Saturday. They are so good about working around everyone else’s holiday plans. It’s refreshing.

We’re normally in Aruba over Thanksgiving as well. I’m missing this trip more than our usual May trip. That said, it will be nice to have a quiet Thanksgiving with just the two of us. Whatever, you guys decide, I’m sure you will enjoy.

0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tracey at least this Thanksgiving is a bit less stressful than last.

I will miss my Thanksgiving week friends this year.

Our weeks are 48 and 49 and it is late this year. 1st week Dec.

We all have lots to be thankful for.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Tracey at least this Thanksgiving is a bit less stressful than last.
    Ah yes, the manic sprint (or moderate walk if we are being honest) through Miami airport in the shortest layover ever!
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving to all! Love all of your postings! All plans sound wonderful and menus sound yummy! Last year we had a quiet Thanksgiving & Christmas just the 2 of us due to the pandemic. I wouldn’t accept any invites. This year we will be with 3 of my cousins and their families for Thanksgiving so we are happy about that! I just cannot believe the holidays are here! Time flies!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Cooking is my passion so Thanksgiving is sort of my Super Bowl. We hosting my husband’s family this year so we’ll be 18.
    We will be serving Negronis, beer, wine.
    Menu is water chestnuts wrapped in bacon, stuffed mushrooms, baked Brie with apricot jam.
    Pumpkin ravioli (homemade using wonton wrappers) in a sage brown butter sauce, endive salad with pears and Gorgonzola cheese in a balsamic vinaigrette.
    Baked sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, braised radicchio with roasted figs, green beans with mushrooms and crispy shallots, skillet cornbread stuffing with red onions and kale; brioche stuffing with sausage and chestnuts. Homemade ginger cranberry sauce and another made using horseradish. A friend gave me a recipe for a mold using canned whole berry cranberry sauce, raspberry jello and crushed pineapple so I am going to add that in too.
    Oh….and a 24 lb turkey.
    Dessert is apple crisp, pumpkin pie, coconut custard pie and walnut pie (it’s like pecan pie but less sweet). all served with whipped cream. Assorted chocolates. Pan roasted chestnuts and a fruit platter of sliced persimmons, Asian pears, grapes, figs and dates rounds out the meal. We finish with coffee, espresso, tea and biscotti.
    I start cooking tomorrow- pumpkin ravioli and the stuffed mushrooms.
    ‘Happy Thanksgiving!!
    Last edited by Tuckahoe; 11-22-2021 at 12:26 AM.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your Family !!!

0 1