This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Tuckahoe, you are going to be very, very busy!! Hope you have a checklist!! Enjoy your holiday!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG wow! I am starving already reading this! Amazing menu. You are a true gourmet cook. Those coming to your house are very lucky! So much work and to get everything ready on a timely basis for that many people is a skill. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe View Post
    Cooking is my passion so Thanksgiving is sort of my Super Bowl. We hosting my husband’s family this year so we’ll be 18.
    We will be serving Negronis, beer, wine.
    Menu is water chestnuts wrapped in bacon, stuffed mushrooms, baked Brie with apricot jam.
    Pumpkin ravioli (homemade using wonton wrappers) in a sage brown butter sauce, endive salad with pears and Gorgonzola cheese in a balsamic vinaigrette.
    Baked sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, braised radicchio with roasted figs, green beans with mushrooms and crispy shallots, skillet cornbread stuffing with red onions and kale; brioche stuffing with sausage and chestnuts. Homemade ginger cranberry sauce and another made using horseradish. A friend gave me a recipe for a mold using canned whole berry cranberry sauce, raspberry jello and crushed pineapple so I am going to add that in too.
    Oh….and a 24 lb turkey.
    Dessert is apple crisp, pumpkin pie, coconut custard pie and walnut pie (it’s like pecan pie but less sweet). all served with whipped cream. Assorted chocolates. Pan roasted chestnuts and a fruit platter of sliced persimmons, Asian pears, grapes, figs and dates rounds out the meal. We finish with coffee, espresso, tea and biscotti.
    I start cooking tomorrow- pumpkin ravioli and the stuffed mushrooms.
    ‘Happy Thanksgiving!!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW just wow.

Eating is my passion, I can see my grandkids at another time.
    What time is dinner at your house?

Cooking is my passion so Thanksgiving is sort of my Super Bowl. We hosting my husband’s family this year so we’ll be 18.
    Menu is water chestnuts wrapped in bacon, stuffed mushrooms, baked Brie with apricot jam.
    Pumpkin ravioli (homemade using wonton wrappers) in a sage brown butter sauce, endive salad with pears and Gorgonzola cheese in a balsamic vinaigrette.
    Baked sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, braised radicchio with roasted figs, green beans with mushrooms and crispy shallots, skillet cornbread stuffing with red onions and kale; brioche stuffing with sausage and chestnuts. Homemade ginger cranberry sauce and another made using horseradish. A friend gave me a recipe for a mold using canned whole berry cranberry sauce, raspberry jello and crushed pineapple so I am going to add that in too.
    Oh….and a 24 lb turkey.
    Dessert is apple crisp, pumpkin pie, coconut custard pie and walnut pie (it’s like pecan pie but less sweet). all served with whipped cream. Assorted chocolates. Pan roasted chestnuts and a fruit platter of sliced persimmons, Asian pears, grapes, figs and dates rounds out the meal. We finish with coffee, espresso, tea and biscotti.
    ‘Happy Thanksgiving!!
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! 2pm. There’s always room at the table. Bring the grandkids too!!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone - enjoy your families! Thank you Andrea for starting this thread!

I'll be headed to my niece and her husband's home along with my sister and her guy - we have a very small family now. We are roasting the turkey this year with the Oster Roaster pan, never tried that so that is something different and fun, fingers crossed - the rest of the food is the traditional but made a bit different as my niece is Type 1 Diabetic. Looks like the weather here in Cinti will be around 45 degrees and raining, ugh. We have some apps and cocktails before dinner (around 4:30) then more cocktails and playing some pool and games - always a great time! Take care folks, safe travels, and have a great time!
    0 3

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning to everyone,

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends here on the forum. Much to be thankful for, even in these crazy uncertain times.

Returning the good wishes you sent to us here back in October.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh….and a 24 lb turkey.
    ‘Happy Thanksgiving!!

I wanna come to your house!!

Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    This year, my two boys and one of their friends who is driving to Dayton from Colorado will be here at my house for Thanksgiving! Yay! They typically spend it with their Dad, but this year he will be going to see his brother in DC so I get to stuff their faces this year. My menu/plans consist of: shrimp cocktail, buffalo chicken dip, a charcuterie board and some libations (egg nog, Bloody Marys, etc.) for starters. We will, of course, be watching the Macy's parade and then the Westminster Dog Show for a bit. I will then be making a lamb leg, roasted potatoes, green beans, Hawaiian rolls and a few other things for our main meal around 1:30pm because my husband has to work at 3pm. Dessert will be store bought pecan and pumpkin pies because I am lame.

For those of you in Aruba during Thanksgiving, I will toast you with some Balashi from here. Believe it or not, I still have a few left! Not for long!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Priscilla and my godson are on a plane right now to LA to visit her husband's family so I get a lovely four-day break (and don't have to drive to Baltimore until Christmas! Yeah!). Have ordered turkey dinner from a great local place which I'll pick up at 2pm on Thanksgiving Day (so I will have to get out of my PJs for a little while!). I ordered enough so I have leftovers all weekend.

What am I thankful for this year? One of them is having this great community of friends who all share a love of our Happy Island. Wishing you all a wonderful holiday!
    0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    What a nice thing to say! Don’t forget to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving parade! Happy Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Priscilla and my godson are on a plane right now to LA to visit her husband's family so I get a lovely four-day break (and don't have to drive to Baltimore until Christmas! Yeah!). Have ordered turkey dinner from a great local place which I'll pick up at 2pm on Thanksgiving Day (so I will have to get out of my PJs for a little while!). I ordered enough so I have leftovers all weekend.

What am I thankful for this year? One of them is having this great community of friends who all share a love of our Happy Island. Wishing you all a wonderful holiday!
    0 0