This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    It's my favorite holiday of the year. We have 11 people for sure and a couple of others may stop by. I smoked a couple of pounds of bacon yesterday to use in devilled eggs and my jalapeno ranch cheeseball and we made the cranberry sauce. We'll be dry brining the turkey and prepping several dishes today including sweet potato, green bean, and Brussels sprouts and cauliflower casseroles. Tomorrow everything gets cooked and the mashed potatoes and ham will be smoked. Our future daughter in law is bringing desserts including cheesecake and apple pie to go along with the pumpkin and pecan pies we are making. We have several (10+) bottles of champagne for our mimosa bar with apple cider, OJ, cranberry, and pineapple juices and silver and gold sanding sugar for the rims. Looking forward to family, food and fun.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    I will be one of the "may stop by" too! I will bring Balashi!!

Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    I will be one of the "may stop by" too! I will bring Balashi!!
    Dinner is at 5:00!
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Love it that you're doing a leg of lamb!
    Thanks! We are not huge turkey fans and leg of lamb is always a treat! I make that for Christmas too. Can't go wrong with leg of lamb! Though I know a lot of folks don't care for it. More for me!

Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    LOVE a leg of lamb! My Mom always made that for Easter. And a cold lamb sandwich the day after...hmm, hmm good!

Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Thanks! We are not huge turkey fans and leg of lamb is always a treat! I make that for Christmas too. Can't go wrong with leg of lamb! Though I know a lot of folks don't care for it. More for me!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    That’s a great menu- especially the mimosa bar! I may use your smoked bacon in the deviled eggs idea. Sounds yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    It's my favorite holiday of the year. We have 11 people for sure and a couple of others may stop by. I smoked a couple of pounds of bacon yesterday to use in devilled eggs and my jalapeno ranch cheeseball and we made the cranberry sauce. We'll be dry brining the turkey and prepping several dishes today including sweet potato, green bean, and Brussels sprouts and cauliflower casseroles. Tomorrow everything gets cooked and the mashed potatoes and ham will be smoked. Our future daughter in law is bringing desserts including cheesecake and apple pie to go along with the pumpkin and pecan pies we are making. We have several (10+) bottles of champagne for our mimosa bar with apple cider, OJ, cranberry, and pineapple juices and silver and gold sanding sugar for the rims. Looking forward to family, food and fun.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Smoked bacon is amazing, add some brown sugar to the bacon before you smoke it and now it's candied bacon... next level goodness.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea I hope you are having an incredible trip with the family! I know how much you missed them during all this covid crap. I hope all are doing well on this day of Thanks. Thanks for all you do Andrea.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks jay
    hope all is well with you and yours

covid /crap I cannot say how many times I have referred to this as crap.
    I may have used a different word at times.

happy Black Friday everyone

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I learned one thing this Thanksgiving: If you accidentally knock a 34 oz glass bottle of balsamic vinegar out of the lazy susan and it lands on the ceramic tile floor with large grout lines, it becomes a huge, sticky mess to clean up. Those grout lines run under the cabinets and the vinger oozes back out for hours. I had to clean it up with paper towels, mopped three times(once on my hands and knees) over a few hours and I still keeping paper towels where it was oozing while trying to bake and cook. I rarely break anything ever.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    it sounds like it was a good bottle of nice thick balsamic! Ugh!! That hurts!
    If it’s still oozing try Quick Shine Deep Cleaner by Halloway House. It works wonders. I believe that this stuff can even make the devil disappear!
    My second go to cleaner is plain old fashioned liquid Ivory dishwashing soap. I got this tip from a professional detail house cleaner. It really does work.
    ‘Happy day after Thanksgiving to all. We’re all still in a semi food coma here but the leftovers are beginning to call!
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I learned one thing this Thanksgiving: If you accidentally knock a 34 oz glass bottle of balsamic vinegar out of the lazy susan and it lands on the ceramic tile floor with large grout lines, it becomes a huge, sticky mess to clean up. Those grout lines run under the cabinets and the vinger oozes back out for hours. I had to clean it up with paper towels, mopped three times(once on my hands and knees) over a few hours and I still keeping paper towels where it was oozing while trying to bake and cook. I rarely break anything ever.
    0 1