This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Thunderbirds & Blue Angels Pay Tribute to Frontline Workers

Post Thanks / Like

Thunderbirds & Blue Angels Pay Tribute to Frontline Workers

They flew in side-by-side formation down the west side of Manhattan, out over Long Island, across Long Island Sound to southwestern Connecticut, back down the east side of Manhattan and over to Newark, NJ. It's a beautiful, cloudless day here so it couldn't have been more perfect. It was so moving and such a wonderful thing to do. Here is a video of them flying over Manhattan:
    https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/thun...rkers/2390599/

A breathtaking tribute to those who are saving our lives. I understand they are going to do similar flyovers in LA, Detroit and probably other locations around the country. This was apparently all thought up by the proud pilots and they got the "thumbs up" from the commanding officers.

Andrea and Walt, I wasn't sure where to post this and I really wanted it to stand out. Please move it to a more appropriate thread if you want. I watched it live on my computer at work and, as usual when these patriotic things happen, I was in tears (don't even get me started on my condition when the USN Comfort and Mercy arrived in NYC and LA! No mascara left after those arrivals!).

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    They went over Philadelphia and Camden and down the Delaware River when they left NY. We are too far east of the Delaware River to have seen them but did see it on the news and FB posts.

Both the Thunderbirds and Blue Angles have performed at Wings and Wheels in this area over the years and they are really amazing to watch. Even though the airport is 9 miles from here, we knew when they were arriving because they fly low over our neighborhood. Very cool.
    Last edited by robin; 04-28-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is the perfect spot for the thread.
    thanks.

my son did one of his navy reserve duties on the Comfort.
    back in 2009.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We get to see them every summer. One of the benefits of living 4 miles from a US Navy Master Air Base.

0 0

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have enjoyed this. Each year in August I buy a dozen or so tickets to the Air Show at the Newburgh airport. Every year it is amazing.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It's still on the schedule for August 29th in Newburgh and the Thunderbirds will be there! Let's hope they can fly! I've been there before as well and it's an amazing sight to see.

0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbor is a county police officer in NJ and they went to their rooftops and caught the whole thing on video and she sent it to me. We were slightly off from it but at least I got to see it.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we have an airshow in town every year . https://flysnf.org
    it is the "sun n fun" and it is a huge deal along with a fly in.
    the thunderbirds or the blue angels always put on a show.

many years ago we watched an airshow at clearwater beach.
    the blue angels did a fly by and some maneuvers.
    then the small planes did a bunch of stunts.
    one of the small planes did a nose dive into the gulf and that was it.
    show was over. we sat there on the beach horrified.
    then we watched the recovery and it was incredibly sad.

I will watch the military jets perform.
    Small planes, never again. I do not even look up.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our Wings and Wheels show has been cancelled this year because it was scheduled for May as always. They were supposed to have USAF F22 Raptor Jet Demo Team and US Army SOC Black Daggers Parachute Team. There are always old planes doing tricks. Scares me every year to watch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was hoping they would come a bit north and go over the Boston area, but sounds like they went south. My boyfriend's daughter Kelly is a cadet at the AF Academy and we are supposed to go our for Parent's Weekend in September - fingers crossed. They fly over during the football game and it would be my first time seeing them, as well as Kelly dancing for the Air Force Spirit team. Hope it's not yet another trip cancelled. It's amazing how a flyover or the Comfort sailing into New York raises our spirits and means so much to so many!

0 0