This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Trip report- not Aruba but better than nothing, lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you’re enjoying your new place! Your story makes me miss our cottage. We sold it a few years ago. It would have been nice to be hanging out at the lake. Boating is a wonderful way to social distance. We had a bass boat and would spend the entire day fishing on the lake.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Where was your cottage? Boating is a great way to socially distance....we have been out 5 times so far and each time I get more comfortable which is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Glad you’re enjoying your new place! Your story makes me miss our cottage. We sold it a few years ago. It would have been nice to be hanging out at the lake. Boating is a wonderful way to social distance. We had a bass boat and would spend the entire day fishing on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like
    We were on Sawyer Lake in Gilmanton, NH. Gilmanton was home to the author of Peyton Place. The characters were based on people in town. It was a great location 15 minutes from Weirs Beach and 40 minutes from Wolfeboro or Meredith. I really miss it.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like it was in a perfect location.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We were on Sawyer Lake in Gilmanton, NH. Gilmanton was home to the author of Peyton Place. The characters were based on people in town. It was a great location 15 minutes from Weirs Beach and 40 minutes from Wolfeboro or Meredith. I really miss it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another nice sleep...up reasonable early for myself on vacation today. We relaxed and had some eggs in the room. CJ and I went for a morning walk while T was off to grab some things at the grocery store and off to pick up a light for the living room. Today will be a relaxing day. Little cooler than yesterday so probably not heading out on the boat. Its a good day for some tennis and maybe we will actually set up our TV today, lol. We have family coming by later today as well. Not sure if they will stay for dinner or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday was a pretty relaxing day for the most part. It was not really boating weather but we still kept pretty busy. We played tennis for a couple of hours then took CJ for ride down to the pier to check that area out a bit. We walked around then decided to order Chinese to go. Everyone enjoyed their food...I grabbed a sub from the corner store because I am not a huge fan of Chinese food.

After dinner we took a couple of walks along our dock and spent a lot of time chatting with several neighbors. We went to bed early so up early today. Already did a morning walk and Ive taken the cover off the boat. My wife wants to go skiing so we may head out early before lots of boats are out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today has been a fun/interesting day all combined into one. We decided to play some tennis this morning. I actually got my butt kicked by my wife. I can play tennis but I did NOT play college tennis like my wife did and she kicked my butt all over the place today. I don't mind losing at all but I quit with ZERO games won, lol. My serve was approaching solid at the end for but she did not struggle with it for a second, lol. We have been invited to play tomorrow night with couples that play...maybe some mixed doubles tomorrow? That said I am guessing they dis-invite my wife as quickly as she was invited...yup, she is that good! She won't try and dominate though so we may be able to play for a bit...I stink but she can more than carry my crappy play, lol.

After tennis we returned back to our room and then CJ wanted to play...so we went back to the tennis courts for another 1.5 hours. CJ did great for someone who has never really played much before. CJ's grandma came for a bit so relaxed back at the condo and had lunch. After grandma left we decided to head out on the lake for a few hours and just cruised around and enjoyed the water/sites.

On a funny note. One of the maintenance guys who has been here forever came over over to me when he saw me walking on the docks and said "jokingly" can you please stop causing trouble? I responded I have been on my best behavior my entire trip I can't think of something I did in error, lol. He then said 2 different residents stopped him today to question what was going on with some new people walking the dock and using the tennis courts...they don't belong here, blah blah blah and must be sneaking on from Yacht club cove or the other condo association whos name escapes me....he responded they certainly do they bought 130B last week! He then went on to say wouldn't it have been easier if they just said "are you guys new here?" It did not bother me at all...it actually made me laugh. Tracy and I talked about getting shirts....yes we belong here we own 130b- Thanks for checking!

Waiting for our dinner to be cooked then I will run out and pick it up. Another pasta night is in the cards for us. We are on day 8 and STILL have not set up our TV, lol.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 07-01-2020 at 07:46 PM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Today was day 10 in NY and maybe one of our best ever! Today was a 100% family day. We woke up had some breakfast in the room then waited for my wifes family to arrive. We started by going to get gas at the marina we bought our boat from....it was not that simple sadly. We had no issues coming in or docking but some idiot renting a 130k boat hit my boat!!!! I almost lost my crap...more than a couple of inappropriate words came out of my mouth after the women said is there a problem....I will leave the details out of this posting just know they got NASTY jay!!!!! All is well in the end. My boat will need a touch up and the owner of the marina will take care of it next week for me.

After the awful start we had a great day. We returned to the condo to get our son to head out for some tubing. After tubing we returned to grab more family so we could wake-board this afternoon. After boarding we headed back in and my mother in-law cooked us some incredible porterhouse steaks and lobster tails. It was all excellent.

After the family left I went on an evening walk....so relaxing!!!! I think I have found my groove, lol. Happy 4th to all of you!

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    glad that no one was injured

happy 4th jay

yum lobster and steak!!
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Its been a few days since I have posted. The 4th was a relaxing day around the condo. We played some tennis and went for some ice cream down near the beach area. The boats were packed in- it was somewhat scary and I was glad I was NO part of that. We decided to stay off the water entirely on the 4th. We did get to watch some really nice fireworks someone was putting on a short distance from us....there are usually fireworks on the lake but they were canceled this year.

On the 5th we went out 1st thing in the morning before everyone else woke up from their hard day on the 4th. We we went down to the south end of the lake for the calmest spot and we did some wake boarding and my wife got to ski for the 1st time in 7 years so she was pretty happy. We went back out to try and board again in the afternoon but it was way to rough so we just had some beers and swam in the lake. We typically just shut the boat off in one of the coves and go swimming instead of going to where everyone else is...more relaxing for us and I prefer the deeper water where I can't touch.

This morning at 9:30 we went to the pool as it opened today. My son was excited and we did some swimming before boating. We got out on the water by 1030am and NOBODY was on it. We got to do some fun boarding and not have waves crush us while trying to do so. All was going great until I took a wipe out of wipe outs cutting back into the wake, lol. It took me a few minutes to even open my eyes as I was trying to figure out how water got inside my eyeballs....yep, that is what if felt like and I am pretty sure there was a lot there.

After lunch on the grille we headed back to the pool so we could all swim and relax a bit. We had the pool all to ourselves until 2 people came as we were leaving. Dinner tonight was homemade ravs from the local pasta place down the street and we then just relaxed on the patio for a bit. The family was tired and went to be early.

Tomorrow is our last full day this trip. I am not sure exactly when everyone will be back but I am thinking at least CJ and I will be back in the following week but time will tell. My son does not want to go home. He has enjoyed being the "big" cousin the past 2 weeks. If that is the case I would expect us to stay 10 days by ourselves and then my wife would return as well for another week-10 days. Off to bed.

After being on the boat we went to the pool which officially opened today.