This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Update on Tom’s surgery

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Robin, sorry to hear about Stu’s infection. The fever would have made me nervous. I hope it clears quickly. Tom has also had the Mohs surgery 3 or 4 times. It’s no fun. I really do try not to hover but it’s hard sometimes.
    Thanks. I am right there with you. I think I was driving him crazy because I kept checking on him. The redness and fever really scared me. The fever is gone, the incision is now draining and he seems better. I worry about infections going to his heart since he has to take meds when he goes to the dentist.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Thanks. I am right there with you. I think I was driving him crazy because I kept checking on him. The redness and fever really scared me. The fever is gone, the incision is now draining and he seems better. I worry about infections going to his heart since he has to take meds when he goes to the dentist.
    Good news that his fever is gone!! I really think husbands just transfer all the worry to us!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    I don't think any of us will need to be dealing with the testing requirements by November. I seriously doubt I'll have to deal with them for my trip in August!

Have you thought about just going ahead and making a reservation with Vivian so you at least know you have a room? Their cancellation policy is so good, there wouldn't be much of a risk and then you'd know you CAN go if everything calms down (and airfares aren't still through the roof!). Go for it, Peg!!
    I have been giving a lot of thought to booking. At this point I’m figuring we’ll see how the post op appointment goes and then decide. As for airfare, I wouldn’t be surprised if the fares stay high. I booked Mint for Vegas, used all my points plus $1800 for round trip. Justified it by saying we had cancelled 3 trips and “we deserved” it. Now those fares are almost double what I spent so I don’t feel too bad. The more I look at the Manchebo webcams the more I want to take a chance and book it

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I'm afraid you may be right about airfares. I'm glad I booked when I did back in February. I upgraded to first class to treat myself about a month ago (all that overtime over the past year!). Just for kicks and giggles, I checked what it would cost now for the same flight. Almost a $1,000 more!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I have been giving a lot of thought to booking. At this point I’m figuring we’ll see how the post op appointment goes and then decide. As for airfare, I wouldn’t be surprised if the fares stay high. I booked Mint for Vegas, used all my points plus $1800 for round trip. Justified it by saying we had cancelled 3 trips and “we deserved” it. Now those fares are almost double what I spent so I don’t feel too bad. The more I look at the Manchebo webcams the more I want to take a chance and book it
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Peg - Happy to hear Tom is doing good, I was wondering this morning hoping all is going well at home. Boston has the best hospitals and the portal updates are very impressive to hear about. Good luck trying to slow Tom down, lol....

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Brenda!! He has been impossible when it comes to taking it easy. I’ve turned into a crazy nag. Today we’re finally starting to notice a reduction in the swelling so that feels good

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Tom had his post-op yesterday. The short version is he needs to have radiation. While they got all the invasive cancer there are precancerous cells that need treatment. Treatment won’t start for a few weeks. The treatments will be 5 days a week for 6 weeks. So.... that’s the story. Also feeling I should end the updates here. After all this forum is our happy place. Thanks for all the support!

0 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peggy, I really appreciate all of the updates, good or bad. After all, we are our own cyber family, as strange as that sounds. We all care about you and Tom, and we would have been asking you for updates. Please continue to keep us informed. We'll continue to pray for you guys.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Peggy, I really appreciate all of the updates, good or bad. After all, we are our own cyber family, as strange as that sounds. We all care about you and Tom, and we would have been asking you for updates. Please continue to keep us informed. We'll continue to pray for you guys.
    Thank you. It’s very much appreciated.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Peg and Robin,

Happy for Tom and happy for Stu!
    0 0