This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaccinations in Your County or State

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Vaccinations in Your County or State

Florida is slowly chipping away at first tier vaccinations (front line workers and residents in nursing homes)
    Florida has now begun vaccinating those age 65+ (it started on Monday)

Our county has done 5500 vaccinations of seniors this week.
    Paul and I were lucky to get thru on the registration hotline to register for vaccination.
    The vaccination will be either on Fri Jan 15 or on the 22nd.
    We were also told that we would be given the booster appointment on the day we get the first shot.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great, Andrea! Here's hoping more of us will be posting similar news in the weeks and months ahead.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful news! Gotta say that even though Florida is doing the first come first serve thing, it seems like they are getting through people quickly.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    maybe I just got lucky, but here in Marion County Florida things are going smooth with the vaccine. I went on the Publix Pharmacy website the morning of the 6th and made an appointment for myself and two friends for later that night. we arrived at our appointment time and were asked a few questions and waited about 5 minutes, and then received our shots and was given an appointment for the second shot in about a month.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I just found out the school division I work for is eligible to sign up for the next group to get vaccinated. Looks like over the next couple weeks I will have the opportunity to sign up.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    2 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish it would be same in Canada. We don't even know when we would be able to sign up, all we know is that the vaccination for the general public will be available in April, until then it is medical staff and people in retirement homes.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That is great news for you! And congrats to Andrea for getting on the list. I am praying as an educator we get an opportunity soon in MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I just found out the school division I work for is eligible to sign up for the next group to get vaccinated. Looks like over the next couple weeks I will have the opportunity to sign up.
    June 8th - can't get here quick enough!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Massachusetts has been somewhat stingy in sharing their administration plans. It’s broken down into phases and at one point we were in phase 1b; then it changed and now it looks like we would be the first priority of phase 2 which starts in February.

The local fire department started getting their vaccinations last week yet the news stations and governor state first responders will get theirs starting January 11th so it’s definitely confusing. I guess what we’re most unclear about is who will be administering the vaccinations. It would be nice to know whether we go to our primary or CVS or some other vaccination site.

‘We get a weekly email from our medical practice that just restates what the governor announced that week and then says they are not scheduling vaccinations yet. So... we work on being patient.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Florida is slowly chipping away at first tier vaccinations (front line workers and residents in nursing homes)
    Florida has now begun vaccinating those age 65+ (it started on Monday)

Our county has done 5500 vaccinations of seniors this week.
    Paul and I were lucky to get thru on the registration hotline to register for vaccination.
    The vaccination will be either on Fri Jan 15 or on the 22nd.
    We were also told that we would be given the booster appointment on the day we get the first shot.
    Andrea, when you say your appointment is on the 15th or the 22nd, does that mean those are the designated days you can go and get in line? Or are you getting it at your doctor’s office?

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    not at the dr office

it will be at a designated site here in our county.

our site is the Public Health bldg where county WIC is located.
    will be given an appointment time and it will be a drive up.

they are doing vaccinations today.
    Paul and I will take a ride by just to see how they are lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Andrea, when you say your appointment is on the 15th or the 22nd, does that mean those are the designated days you can go and get in line? Or are you getting it at your doctor’s office?

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    1 0