This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walt in San Diego

Post Thanks / Like

Walt in San Diego

Hope you had a safe and uneventful flight Walt! Delta is My favorite airline. Did Pam and up going with you? I recall you mentioning you were trying to convince r.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Looks like Delta wins. I'll let you know, I'm flying Delta to San Diego this afternoon.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Hope you had a safe and uneventful flight Walt! Delta is My favorite airline. Did Pam and up going with you? I recall you mentioning you were trying to convince r.
    Considering the current situation in California we decided it was best for Pam not to go. The flights were uneventful, and the airports were deserted. It was a nice flight from Atlanta to San Diego, folks wore their masks except when eating/drinking. The plane loaded from the rear and everyone was orderly and respectful. It was one of the best flights I've ever been on. And travel was great, no crowds in Atlanta clogging the terminal and San Diego was deserted when we arrived shortly before 5:00 pm. It was so quiet it was scary.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    glad to hear all went well.
    have fun n your off time.
    Kevin is heading to San Diego to the sub base in a few weeks til mid December.
    Considering the current situation in California we decided it was best for Pam not to go. The flights were uneventful, and the airports were deserted. It was a nice flight from Atlanta to San Diego, folks wore their masks except when eating/drinking. The plane loaded from the rear and everyone was orderly and respectful. It was one of the best flights I've ever been on. And travel was great, no crowds in Atlanta clogging the terminal and San Diego was deserted when we arrived shortly before 5:00 pm. It was so quiet it was scary.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    glad to hear all went well.
    have fun n your off time.
    Kevin is heading to San Diego to the sub base in a few weeks til mid December.
    They are calling for record highs today... 85 degrees! Oh my!

Post Thanks / Like
    Stay safe Walt..
    oh my 85 degrees. Send some of that
    coolness to us.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Stay safe Walt..
    oh my 85 degrees. Send some of that
    coolness to us.
    Right? By Thursday the high is supposed to 71. I think we had 5 days of 100+ before I left VB.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never new SD was so "cool"

Right? By Thursday the high is supposed to 71. I think we had 5 days of 100+ before I left VB.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay, it is temperate year round. San Diego County is huge, bigger than Rhode Island and Delaware combined. Now here on the coast it's been warm, but in the desert the temps have been in the 115's, the mountains in between. And the ocean water is in the 60's, but the beaches are world class and the food remarkable.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear son Kevin has had tons of work time at the Navy base in SD.
    He loves it there..........especially the surfing and fishing.
    He will be there for late Summer thru most of the Fall for Navy reserve and then Dept of Defense work at the submarine base.
    He loves it there and would love to work at the sub base ......but using in San Diego is ridiculously expensive.........so he and the family remain at York Beach Maine.
    He says the weather is amazing..year round.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve only been to SD once but was surprised at how cool it was. It’s a wonderful spot to visit even if you’re working!

0 0