This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walt in San Diego

Post Thanks / Like
    We've been there twice for a convention. It is a fun city.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We were near SD maybe 10 years ago with the kids and spent two days sightseeing. It was beautiful and one place we said we'd like to go back to and check out. Enjoy. You are going to miss the hurricane coming up the east coast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We were near SD maybe 10 years ago with the kids and spent two days sightseeing. It was beautiful and one place we said we'd like to go back to and check out. Enjoy. You are going to miss the hurricane coming up the east coast.
    I'm watching the storm pretty closely. This won't be the first storm I've been away from home for, fortunately Pam is able to get the house together with help from the kids. It looks like the eye will pass right over our house right now, but that could definitely change. Hopefully Pat Robertson will pray the storm away as he's done in the past. If that fails at least King Ralph has declared a state of emergency.

San Diego is my favorite place to travel for work, I've spent more than a year here in hotels and it never gets old. If things stay covid-crazy for another year or so, I would love to trade a couple of weeks at the Surf Club for a place here. Pam lived here as a child and I'd like to bring her back for a visit.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I spent a week there on business quite a few years ago lecturing at a real estate law convention. One day it was just so beautiful outside instead of sitting in a hotel conference room all day, I took the people in each of my sessions to a park across the street and spent the whole day lecturing while sitting in the shade. I think that was the most productive day of the whole seminar! Beautiful city....and adore the zoo there!

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My San Diego trip was solo. Tom had gone to Vegas with the guys and I thought; why should I stay home. It’s a great place for a solo vacation. I used the Old TownTrolley to acclimate myself and really felt comfortable the whole time there. My room at Crowne Plaza was a corner room with floor to ceiling windows. It was perfect for watching all the naval ships. Restaurants were amazing and I positively loved the zoo. I would like to go back with Tom

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    OH that zoo is spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    I spent a week there on business quite a few years ago lecturing at a real estate law convention. One day it was just so beautiful outside instead of sitting in a hotel conference room all day, I took the people in each of my sessions to a park across the street and spent the whole day lecturing while sitting in the shade. I think that was the most productive day of the whole seminar! Beautiful city....and adore the zoo there!
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adding San Diego to my list! I love getting out and about, sight seeing and taking it all in.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We went to the zoo the second trip and I’m not a zoo person. I have to say, it was amazing! We didn’t have time to go to the zoo safari. Maybe next time.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    My parents spent a few winters in SD. They loved the place they stayed at & the weather
    0 0