This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think is going to be the next 'toilet paper'?

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you think is going to be the next 'toilet paper'?

Good evening everyone,

As in the US, we are going through a serious uptick in COVID-19 cases.

Back in March until about May, people on both sides of the border were hoarding toilet paper like crazy. I never really understood it but, it was what it was.

Based on my own experience this week, my vote for the next 'toilet paper' or hoarded item goes to printer ink cartridges. With so many people still working from home here and school kids doing on-line learning, at-home printers are running almost non-stop! Major office supply companies just cannot keep the stuff in stock.

Sorry Andrea, I wasn't sure if this should be here or in the COVID thread.

Glenn
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    since it is not aruba related it is in the correct spot "off topic"
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Currently it is still difficult to get specific cleaning supplies and paper towels. I am also finding random stuff will be out of stock for weeks at a time-diet Sprite was out of stock in all stores for at least a month and this week I could not find Ragu 4 cheese sauce(son and hubby like). One of the over the counter joints supplements I take has been out of stock too. I beginning to think about stocking up my freezer again. I haven't kept it full because I have been waiting on a new fridge/freeze I ordered 3 months ago, but I am giving up hope that I 'll have it before we leave for Aruba in Dec and plan on restocking the freezer this week.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is funny that you mention diet Sprite.
    I have gone without 6 packs diet A + W root beer since the whole pandemic.
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Currently it is still difficult to get specific cleaning supplies and paper towels. I am also finding random stuff will be out of stock for weeks at a time-diet Sprite was out of stock in all stores for at least a month and this week I could not find Ragu 4 cheese sauce(son and hubby like). One of the over the counter joints supplements I take has been out of stock too. I beginning to think about stocking up my freezer again. I haven't kept it full because I have been waiting on a new fridge/freeze I ordered 3 months ago, but I am giving up hope that I 'll have it before we leave for Aruba in Dec and plan on restocking the freezer this week.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as it isn't gin or tequila Our local Office Max closed, but Amazon has the cartridges for our printer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve given up on trying to find Clorox wipes and have purchased paper towels in bulk from amazon. My latest hard to find item is Bumble Bee tuna in the gold can. It’s pretty much the only tuna I’ll eat. Ended up getting a case of 24 cans on amazon. I don’t worry about ink cartridges since I rarely need print.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peggy ...check Walmart.com for disinfecting wipes. they may not have the clorox brand but they have had the wipes in stock.

a quick fix is.......... unscented baby bum wipes. pour in about 1/4 cup of 60% or higher rubbing alcohol and those wipes become disinfecting wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I’ve given up on trying to find Clorox wipes and have purchased paper towels in bulk from amazon. My latest hard to find item is Bumble Bee tuna in the gold can. It’s pretty much the only tuna I’ll eat. Ended up getting a case of 24 cans on amazon. I don’t worry about ink cartridges since I rarely need print.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting appliances and parts is still difficult. I've been waiting for a fridge since the end of July. My neighbor bought a used washer and dryer because she could not wait for new ones. Someone I know waited 2 months for a part for her oven, which meant she had no oven for 2 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Peggy ...check Walmart.com for disinfecting wipes. they may not have the clorox brand but they have had the wipes in stock.

a quick fix is.......... unscented baby bum wipes. pour in about 1/4 cup of 60% or higher rubbing alcohol and those wipes become disinfecting wipes.
    Thanks for the tip! I’ll check it out. I’ve been using Spray Nine but it seems to leave a stickiness and I have to go over it with something else.

Just checked and they are out of stock on all Clorox and Lysol. They did have HandiWipe reusable cloths but I’m not a fan. I’ll keep checking. Thx
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 10-30-2020 at 09:31 AM.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I had heard there could possibly be another run on TP, paper towel and tissues so I stocked up a couple of weeks ago (and may buy more this weekend). We have very generous clients who know I love Tito's and Sauvingon Blanc so I'm all set for beverages"just in case". I'm also very lucky that our office heavily stocked up on masks, disinfectant wipes, Clorox, hand sanitizer, etc. and my boss has given me carte blanche to take home what I need (since he and I are the only two in the office full time).

I also got a big order from Omaha Steaks last week and have loaded up the freezer. Made a huge mac and cheese last weekend and divided it up into portion sizes for the freezer. Bought a few other items to stock in the freezer. Plan on making chili this weekend and freezing that in portions this weekend. Of course, I'm doing all of this not just because of the virus, but in anticipation of being snowed in a couple of time this winter. I usually do this each year anyway but Omaha Steaks addition is new (thanks to she-who-must-always-get-credit Pegmeister!).
    0 1