This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the First Things You Want to Do When the Restrictions Are Lifted?

Post Thanks / Like
    I work in a long term facility; mainly dementia. My new unit is a special isolation. (they can not leave the area.. once I get there I can not leave unless I exit through a special exit only for this unit)
    All the family members have my phone number so they know they can reach me anytime;... we can face time (some of the residents do not understand it) families text me pictures and I will show it to them I will put in up to 80 hrs a week so they get the care they deserve.
    And a few had to say their good byes..
    But I do hope all facilities there is at least one person who will step up and make sure these loved ones gets everything they deserve.

Now the first thing I plan on doing is getting my eye brows done.. lol (so petty huh) or in spend time with my husband.
    Last edited by brady bear; 05-13-2020 at 09:18 PM.
    1 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    I work in a long term facility; mainly dementia. My new unit is a special isolation. (they can not leave the area.. once I get there I can not leave unless I exit through a special exit only for this unit)
    All the family members have my phone number so they know they can reach me anytime;... we can face time (some of the residents do not understand it) families text me pictures and I will show it to them I will put in up to 80 hrs a week so they get the care they deserve.
    And a few had to say their good byes..
    But I do hope all facilities there is at least one person who will step up and make sure these loved ones gets everything they deserve.

Now the first thing I plan on doing is getting my eye brows done.. lol (so petty huh) or in spend time with my husband.
    You do not have a very easy job. It takes a special person to do what you do. Thank-you for your what you do-it's amazing. My younger son is an EMT and does overnight hospital discharges, mostly dementia and other psych discharges. However, the past 6 weeks they had added Covid19 discharges to homes and nursing homes and some of them are dementia patients.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brady bear, it takes a special kind of courage and compassion to do what you do. There really are no adequate words so simply...thank you (and I really want to get a pedicure).

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the things that Brady Bear told me on FB messenger.........the priests cannot come in to the facility to anoint the sick (formerly called last rites)
    Brady is able to have a priest on FaceTime get it done.
    Brady (Cathy) when you told me that last week, I realized how special you are!
    You go the extra step to care for the patients during illness and death.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Cathy you are a TRUE hero!!!! Thanks for all you have done and continue to do. The world needs more wonderful people like yourself. Be well and I hope you get some extra rest when this is all over..you have certainly earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    One of the things that Brady Bear told me on FB messenger.........the priests cannot come in to the facility to anoint the sick (formerly called last rites)
    Brady is able to have a priest on FaceTime get it done.
    Brady (Cathy) when you told me that last week, I realized how special you are!
    You go the extra step to care for the patients during illness and death.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the posting side Jhon46!

1 0