This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to keep busy while at home?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I've decided to do a deep cleaning and the more I do, the more I realize it is long over due. I have moved furniture, cleaned closets and cabinets, washed windows and curtains, and found lots of trash and things to donate. I have our bedroom, bathroom, closet and sitting room done. I also did the guest room, both hallways, stairs, coat closet and downstairs bathroom. I finished a crocheted lap blanket for a Chinese Auction basket and started another one for the Veteran's home. I also drew out a pattern on a table for mosaic project, but haven't really started yet. I'm going to try to make some masks. I have a schedule of cleaning, but don't know if I'll stick to it. I m also doing some online shopping.
    It took me over a week to do that. I have a bad right shoulder so I work for an hour or so, then take a break for the same amount. I also have to watch my lower back-I had a herniated disc removed about 20 years ago, so I am ever mindful of it. The shoulder really kept me up last night, so today I'll take it easy-went grocery shopping, will breakdown boxes of items that came in, clean the pantry and lazy susan and do some laundry and maybe clean out the drawers and cabinets in the island or not.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    scary I am sure.
    36 years was a very good run.

sorry about the $$, but as robin said, it will save you $$ by being more efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Still working from home. We try to get out and walk or take a bike ride if the weather permits. Sunday we were awakened by both smoke alarms in the house going off at oh-dark-thirty. One of our air handlers in the attic had started smoking. Found out yesterday we need a whole new inside and outside unit. It's gonna be expensive, but we got 36 years out of it so it was due. We're also in the middle of redoing one of the guest rooms. So we're definitely staying busy.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Still working from home. We try to get out and walk or take a bike ride if the weather permits. Sunday we were awakened by both smoke alarms in the house going off at oh-dark-thirty. One of our air handlers in the attic had started smoking. Found out yesterday we need a whole new inside and outside unit. It's gonna be expensive, but we got 36 years out of it so it was due. We're also in the middle of redoing one of the guest rooms. So we're definitely staying busy.
    Check with your state's energy department. In NJ we have NJCleanEnergy. We are able to get rebates from the state for upgrading to high efficiency appliances. We got rebates for both our heaters a few years ago(and then the gas company gave us rebates). I also got a few hundred $$ when I replaced our washer and dryer in November. Check with your utilities too because they sometimes give rebates.

Post Thanks / Like
    That’s a bit scary! Thankful for smoke detectors! Sorry about the expense!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to find new "easy" crafts for our Seniors to post on line while working from home. what a trip....today posted my first ever video craft for our center and it was put on facebook. Crazy.....never in a million years would I imagine me doing this. If anyone has any "easy" crafts I can do for next week's video send my way!!! Me head hurts!!!

Sad part is I have a feeling most of our participants don't do computers!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt, take this as the silver lining of being home during this time. That was the exact cause of my dad's total loss house fire that happened when they were out running errands a few years ago. We just recently replaced our entire system at the beginning of this craziness since I figured I could take advantage of having it installed while working from home. But we have been planning for this for about a year, still hurts.

I'm working from home and Jon is still working everyday. There are rumors of layoffs, but given he is in a short handed department we are tryong to stay optimistic until it becomes more than a rumor. My hobbies include adding things to my online shopping cart, but deciding I shouldn't buy anything right now, and also checking airfare for December. I've done some cleaning, more than usual. I'm binge watching way too many shows. I was walking a lot but the pollen made that miserable so now I do some timed stair climbing in between snacks.

I've been enjoying cooking dinner more since working from home. About a month ago we redecorated our kitchen and dining area to add a little sitting area so we spend a lot of time there while we are preparing dinner. It's nice to be away from the tv and phone distractions. It's a new habit for us and I like it.
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    You Tube
    enter in the search .......... Diamond Dotz lots of folks doing it and the finished products are beautiful.
    I know about 20 people here that are doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Trying to find new "easy" crafts for our Seniors to post on line while working from home. what a trip....today posted my first ever video craft for our center and it was put on facebook. Crazy.....never in a million years would I imagine me doing this. If anyone has any "easy" crafts I can do for next week's video send my way!!! Me head hurts!!!

Sad part is I have a feeling most of our participants don't do computers!
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for your concern. Robin I'll have to check into that with the electric company.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Scary crap Walt. Glad it was not any worse than money....although that certainly hurts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

well we are here in Aruba. With the current restrictions.....like not being able to go to beach....we are occupying ourselves here at the Villa by reading, swimming in our pool and doing a lot of chatting via video. I have been able to release anewchildtens book in the series about the turtle family here in Aruba. I hope all stay well and away from this nasty virus that is creating so much stress and unhappiness. Be well. John