This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your plans for kicking 2020 to the curb?

Post Thanks / Like

What are your plans for kicking 2020 to the curb?

Pretty sure most of us are not sad about 2020 coming to an end. With a vaccine already being distributed there is hope for 2021 and some return to normalcy. How will you celebrate New Years?

We know we won’t stay awake until midnight; never do. Even for their year 2000 we just went to bed and set the alarm for 11:55 so we could turn in the television and watch the ball drop. This year, of course, will be low key. I’m making appetizers and we’ll graze through the afternoon and evening. This morning I made some star shaped cheese crackers from a Nigella Lawson recipe. They came out OMG good. I also took out some Alaskan King Crab legs to thaw so I can make crab salad to put in little puff pastries and will make some lemon bars this afternoon. May make some sausage stuffed mushrooms and we’ll have Italian meats and cheeses. Not sure what else; still browsing the recipe files.

So what are your plans?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking a seafood feast will be in order for New Year’s Eve for us. I guess I should probably put together a men sooner rather than later. We are staying in and I'm guessing we will asleep before the ball drops. Now that I type that I am thinking what can I do to make it special? I told Jon we need to burn some sage and he thinks I'm silly.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    We will stay at home by ourselves. We will have champagne, and will probably throw together a few things. I'm thinking maybe shrimp cocktail, some cold cuts and cheese. It won't be much, but we will have ham and black eyed peas on New Year for a prosperous new year and pray it's better than 2020. Like my signature says can't wait till 2020 is hindsight.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I have absolutely no idea what will be on our menu with the exception of gin & tonic and popcorn at happy hour (just my sweetie & me), and champagne before we go to bed. It's doubtful we'll stay up till midnight.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We discussed going out, but I think it will be busy, so I planned on dinner here. Then wait for the fireworks and some bubbly to go with them. It's been raining/pouring here off and on all day, and I hope it clears for tomorrow night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I was thinking a seafood feast will be in order for New Year’s Eve for us. I guess I should probably put together a men sooner rather than later. We are staying in and I'm guessing we will asleep before the ball drops. Now that I type that I am thinking what can I do to make it special? I told Jon we need to burn some sage and he thinks I'm silly.

Will burning sage get rid of bad vibes? If so, burn away.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Will be staying in as well. Haven't decided what's on the menu but after reading all your posts, pretty sure it will be seafood! It will be a miracle if I make it to midnight! LOL!
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we are going to send 2020 to the curb indeed!!

I am going to make NE Clam chowder and will also have crab cakes and maybe chocolate cake for dessert.

Prosecco too!

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt, we got a message about Holiday Inn North at Va Beach doing a special where you get a room over looking the Courtyard and they will have a big screen and a countdown and a band all playing in the Courtyard. We considered coming down for it but decided to stay home instead. I still think its a cool idea, part in your own room, but still the fun of the countdown and the band.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Will burning sage get rid of bad vibes? If so, burn away.
    Yes, it is a Native American spiritual cleansing ritual for removing negativity. Some people call it smudging.
    1 2