This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is Everybody?!

Post Thanks / Like

Where is Everybody?!

It's so rare to not see any new posts for several hours! Whatcha y'all doin'?
    I've had a total "chore day". Boring but got a lot done!
    0 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha today has been very BORING.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hanging out, watching 90 Day Fiancé with a glass of wine and chips.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been stressing today. This upcoming trip is going to be fun and amazing, but man getting all the logistics worked out has not been fun. Today we were dealing with transportation logistics. I also ordered way too many things online today, mostly for the trip. And we did a major grocery trip in hopes that we won't have to go back for a while, even after we return from Aruba. It's crazy to think we are that close! We are concerned with stocking levels considering how things were when the pandemic first started.
    0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you opposed to using Uber or Lyft? Even when I leave in the wee hours for the airport, they’re always available.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I have been stressing today. This upcoming trip is going to be fun and amazing, but man getting all the logistics worked out has not been fun. Today we were dealing with transportation logistics. I also ordered way too many things online today, mostly for the trip. And we did a major grocery trip in hopes that we won't have to go back for a while, even after we return from Aruba. It's crazy to think we are that close! We are concerned with stocking levels considering how things were when the pandemic first started.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I have been a little concerned with stocking levels at the grocery store but I like to think they’re better prepared than they were in March/April. My issue is when the media reports their concerns then people overreact and start to hoard.

Getting to Aruba and dealing with all the requirements I can imagine is stressful. Once you are there though that stress will melt away!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Are you opposed to using Uber or Lyft? Even when I leave in the wee hours for the airport, they’re always available.
    Since we are leaving super early on Thanksgiving, I"m not sure I want to count on a driver being available. I'm just a planner by nature. I also have covid concerns in an Uber. We are considering a taxi company that installed shields between the backseat and the driver as one option. We have a few people who have offered to give us a ride, but we don't want to bother anyone. I think we may end up just driving and parking at the airport. It's a little more expensive, but we don't have to wear a mask.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just being bored most of the day just doing stuff like laundry and grocery lists until my son called. Then my sil called while we were on with my son even though she knows we talk to him on Sundays, so now I am annoyed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    I forgot to add, our state has cut off alcohol sales at 10pm, so the availability of ubers during late night/early mornings may not be what it once was because the demand is not there.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been doing some stocking up on paper products and stuff for the freezer. Made big batches of chili and mac & cheese and froze them in individual serving containers. Put in another Omaha Steaks order yesterday. I do most of this on a smaller scale each year in case we have a rough winter (I hate snow) but bumped it up this year cuz of the pandemic.
    0 0