This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you in a state that is reopening?

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    NY State has reopening many areas but not where we live. I just had one of my employee's come to our house to pick up payroll. I left it outside and only spoke to him from 30 feet or so. It is warm and I am back in shorts and sandals.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Stu and I went out for drives in our old cars today since it is in the 80s. We took one car out at a time and drove in different areas in our town and one east of us. I was surprised to see what businesses were open. I don't think the music store is essential or the discount furniture store. We went past a house with a huge bouncy waterslide set up in the front yard on a main road. There was barely enough room in the yard for it. I wonder what they are planning since you are not suppose to have gatherings of more than 10 people. Traffic was surprisingly like any summer afternoon, and in some places, maybe a bit heavier around town. I think people are at the point of doing whatever they want.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we cannot grow tomatoes here to save our soul.
    our friend Sue grows grape tomatoes in a bucket year round.
    there is nothing like a native tomato from MA or NJ.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Our town is slowly reopening. We went to our local crab shack for happy hour yesterday. They are only seating outdoors and doing take-out, tables are separated by about 8 feet, staff was wearing gloves and masks and there were disposable menus. Everyone was respectful and kept their distance. We met a couple from about 4 hours away that took a day trip and stopped for a meal before heading back home. It was a beautiful afternoon with temps in the 80's and it felt good to get out of the house. This is typically the start of tourist season, but I don't expect the crowds will grow much due to the beaches still being closed. There are rumors that they will open for Memorial Day, we'll see.

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    our go to breakfast dive "fat jacks" will open for inside dining tomorrow.........lots of spacing and restrictions.
    we went this morning after drive thru Mass and had casual sidewalk dining.

Are you in a state that is reopening?-screen-shot-2020-05-17-12-00-55-pm-jpg
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Like the mask!!

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty disgusted in my home town today!!!!! My wife and I went on a 3 mile walk and saw a total of 44 people out and about. How many of those 44 had masks on? Reminder its REQUIRED in my town the minute you are in public..does not matter what you are doing.

So out of 44 there were ONLY 6 people with masks on besides my wife and myself. SIX out of 44, that is less than 14 percent! I don't even know what to say anymore. I am thinking of making a very vengeful shirt that all the non-rule following idiots will know exactly what I am thinking about them without saying a word.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay, that is exactly why Massachusetts has so many cases. For some reason people here don’t think they need to wear masks. We spend a lot of time on our front porch these days and the number of people that walk by who are not wearing masks is astounding.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I get it Jay! Here it is not required to wear one outside, but I only go as far as my mailbox at the end of the driveway or into my backyard without one on. Any other public place I wear it. They opened the boardwalk and beaches at the shore near us-where I go. I was watch the news yesterday and the majority of people did not have on a mask nor were they social distancing in line for food. The boardwalk was crowded and social distancing looked pretty impossible. The beaches were better as far as distancing, but no mask. I don't think I will see a beach this summer.

People also do not pay attention. I went off on a woman yesterday. Once a week we are doing take out. The sign on the door of the place I went to yesterday said "if there is someone at the counter, wait in the lobby or outside. I waited on the bench in the lobby." A woman walks up, glances at the sign and goes in while I am waiting and a man is at the counter and walks right up to the counter. He leaves, then she comes out. I nastily told her she was rude to cut in front of me. She had no clue what the restaurant's sign said or just chose to ignore it. She then gets upset with me for calling her out on it. She said she didn't read the sign that gave the rules only the one about wearing mask and she is sorry and just thought I was waiting for food. Really? Every place as directions posted on picking up and how many people are allowed in the store or restaurant. A man did come in after me, but moved about 12 feet away from the counter. I guess he didn't read the sign either.

Sad to say, some people just don't get it and won't get it until they get very sick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Our town is slowly reopening. We went to our local crab shack for happy hour yesterday. They are only seating outdoors and doing take-out, tables are separated by about 8 feet, staff was wearing gloves and masks and there were disposable menus. Everyone was respectful and kept their distance. We met a couple from about 4 hours away that took a day trip and stopped for a meal before heading back home. It was a beautiful afternoon with temps in the 80's and it felt good to get out of the house. This is typically the start of tourist season, but I don't expect the crowds will grow much due to the beaches still being closed. There are rumors that they will open for Memorial Day, we'll see.
    If you hear the beaches are opening please let me know. We saw that calypso on the oceanfront has new outdoor seating in the grass near the boardwalk so I'm thinking others will do the same. Outer Banks beaches opened this week. Since we had to cancel our Maryland trip, thinking of heading south but Jon isn't quite on board yet. He says if nothing is open he doesnt want to pay to sit in a hotel or just go for walks. We will be watching closely this week.
    0 0