This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3/18/2020 Message from Jet Blue

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

3/18/2020 Message from Jet Blue

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We were supposed to leave for Aruba on JetBlue on April 28th. That flight is now gone from my itinerary but the return flight is still there - huh? Guess it's time to seriously think of changing our plans. I was holding out hope that we would be able to go..... :

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we are waiting til our original departure date...April 30.
    we are hopeful we can go for our 2nd week May 7 and tack on a week May 7 - 14.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom23 View Post
    We were supposed to leave for Aruba on JetBlue on April 28th. That flight is now gone from my itinerary but the return flight is still there - huh? Guess it's time to seriously think of changing our plans. I was holding out hope that we would be able to go..... :
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    So far our Jetblue reservation still appears valid. We are supposed to leave on May 5th. It’s just wait and see.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    On the island now. IMHO Jet Blue basically pooped on it’s customers. Following the Aruba Government ban on in-bound international visitors, Jet Blue flat cancelled nearly all outbound flights stranding passengers leaving them to find alternate flights. Both United and Delta are maintaining all flights through March 24th. Flying down empty planes to pick up as scheduled passengers. Cudos to them.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My fingers are crossed you all get to go, not only because I know how much you want to but it would also mean things have improved for us all!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just out departure flight got cancelled so I'm assuming they cancelled everything until the end of April. Our scheduled return on May 7th is still there. A bit
    useless since we can't fly home from somewhere we haven't been. Oh well.....I'm going to hold out for awhile to see if things change. If not, we are thinking of going in October. We did that a few years ago and it was wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    So far our Jetblue reservation still appears valid. We are supposed to leave on May 5th. It’s just wait and see.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

Oops I just posted that link on another thread as I hadn’t seen your post.

0 0

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    As others have said here, Jet Blue immediately cancelled all the flights leaving the Island after Wed the 18th. We were set to leave yesterday, the 21st. The website says you could cancel for a refund or re schedule the flight at no cost. The COO made her announcement saying the same. The reality is different. I spent almost 4 hours before I could re schedule the flight. They wanted to give me a credit good for a year. I will avoid flying JB in the future and would not accept a credit. They finally agreed to move our flight to April 1st with the money spent on the original ticket. As things have changed rapidly, I doubt we are leaving on April 1st on any Airline. Right now we are enjoying our stay on the Island at an amazing house we were able to rent from forum member SKISUE and we will deal with the airlines later.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    As Snidely said, JB cancelled flights leaving us stranded, along with 1/2 of the people at Playa Linda from the Northeast. After an hour on the phone, they rebooked us on April 1. By Tuesday the 17 we finally got an email saying that was cancelled too. Even though they had never sent an email re: our original Mar 29 flight. In the meantime we decided to be proactive and booked SWA with a stop in BWI for Mar 19. Kudos to SWA, who sent an empty plane to get folks home. They got a round of applause from the entire plane when they made that announcement. So, we are home and self quarantining for now. No one screened us off the plane in BWI or in Manchester NH, or at the airport in Aruba. Just common sense on our part. We had to cut our vacay short, but we did get to enjoy a wonderful 2 1/2 weeks in Aruba before events intervened. VERY done with JB. And that needs to make headlines!
    1 1