This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AA and Jet Blue

Post Thanks / Like

AA and Jet Blue

It seems like American Airlines and Jet Blue are teaming up and will share miles.

This was part of an email I received today.

As an American Airlines AAdvantage
    ® member, you are among our most loyal customers. We’re dedicated to providing a loyalty program that shows how much we value your choice to fly with us, so we’re sharing some important updates about your membership and benefits.

Rewards on JetBlue flights
    As of May 26, you can earn AAdvantage® miles and Elite Qualifying Credits on all JetBlue® flights in the Americas. AAdvantage® is the only loyalty program that rewards you with miles and Elite Qualifying Credits when flying on 3 different U.S. airlines – through our JetBlue and Alaska Airlines partnerships.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it’s true; Jet Blue and American Airlines are now a team. Personally, I was disappointed with the news. My experience with American was never good. Once we started flying JetBlue we stuck with them. Haven’t used another airline in over ten years. Hoping into this partnership won’t change JetBlue.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Jet Blue only flies to Boston and Ft. Lauderdale direct out of PHL. I've never used them, but I know that there are people here who use both airlines.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I flew Jet Blue for the first time last month out of Newark to Charleston. Although I like the airline, living in northern NJ flying out of Newark, United dominates so we almost always fly United. Jet Blue recently started flying to Aruba out of Newark but still not to a lot of destinations. Their hub is JFK. I read about the American partnership when I was considering opening a Jet Blue credit card which I would have done if I could fly Jet Blue more often. We don’t use American much either. Depends on what airport works for you.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess I am fearful that this type of partnership could mean that future routes could revert back to American. JetBlue currently does the direct flights to Aruba but years ago American had those routes. On the good side the new point program is a plus for those who will benefit from it.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Alaska Airlines is also a partner. If you've never flown Alaska, it's a good experience and it opens flights to Asia on JetBlue and American on points.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Alaska Airlines was great the one time we flew on it. I think it said JetBlue in the Americas.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    For the last few years we have flown PHL-FLL-AUA on our way to Aruba on Jet Blue, and our return direct AUA-PHL on American. Seems to have worked out for us for best pricing. We have both AA and JB credit cards, so wondering if they will merge our mileage accounts? Just thinking out loud ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Jet Blue only flies to Boston and Ft. Lauderdale direct out of PHL. I've never used them, but I know that there are people here who use both airlines.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve been flying on JetBlue from Ft. Lauderdale and it’s great. 2 1/2 hrs and I’m in Aruba. Last year had to fly American from Miami and flights were ok, but I’m not fond of driving to Miami. I live in SW Florida and FLL 1hr 40 minutes, Miami 2 hrs and parking rates in Miami are higher. I just got the JetBlue CC so I could get some extra miles and don’t have to pay for luggage.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have around 150K AA miles so I hope I can use those on either Jet Blue or Alaska Airline flights. I haven't flown AA in 10 years.
    0 0