This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Airport Schedule for passenger flights for JUNE

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Airport Schedule for passenger flights for JUNE

Note: This is what the airport put out for JUNE.

As of now, no border opening has been announced.

So, if the USA or Canada are not letting folks out AND Aruba is not not yet letting folks in, this is useless.

But here it is anyway.Airport Schedule for passenger flights for JUNE-fullsizeoutput_1c8c-jpg

and here is what the ATA is continuing to say. https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 1

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Andrea,

Thank you for posting this.

We have not yet heard from Air Canada regarding our October trip, and we don't expect to until the last possible minute.

As far as exit from and re-entry into Canada is concerned, no further word from here either. I agree, the AUA airport schedule as shown maybe a too ambitious. I am hoping that borders between Canada, the US and Aruba will be opened by August or September. Then we will have a better idea as to whether or not we will be going.

Stay safe.

Glenn
    1 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good afternoon Andrea,

We just got an e-mail from Air Canada a couple of hours ago with updates on their route network. They show one-flight per week between Toronto and Aruba starting in July. As always, it is subject to change.

No editorializing, just the facts.

Glenn
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    This is why I love this site and you guys so much. I just went to Air Canada’s website and found I can get a direct flight to Aruba which I have never been able to before...always had to change flights somewhere which I hate and it’s only a 5 hour flight! Ok so I have to drive 4 hours to get to Toronto but it’s worth it to me. Thanks Glenn...never thought to check that before...crazy cos I fly out of Toronto all the time to go back to England and visit my family. I will keep that in mind for next years trip to paradise.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning simmsejs, Andrea and everybody else,

Hey, glad to have been some help on this. Come for the help and information; stay for the friendship and my incredible witicisms.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by simmsejs View Post
    This is why I love this site and you guys so much. I just went to Air Canada’s website and found I can get a direct flight to Aruba which I have never been able to before...always had to change flights somewhere which I hate and it’s only a 5 hour flight! Ok so I have to drive 4 hours to get to Toronto but it’s worth it to me. Thanks Glenn...never thought to check that before...crazy cos I fly out of Toronto all the time to go back to England and visit my family. I will keep that in mind for next years trip to paradise.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that Air Canada option is more trouble than its worth.
    Check the pricing.......I have been told but do not know for a fact, that the taxes are higher.
    Also too, you would lose the USA customs in Aruba.
    You would go thru Canadian Customs in Toronto AND then have to go thru USA customs at border crossing on the drive back.

Paul and I have a 4 hour drive from the Tampa area to FLL and almost 5 hour drive to MIA so we get the non stop flights.
    We do the drive sometimes and other times we opt for flying MCO to MIA or FLL with final destination AUA.

Quote Originally Posted by simmsejs View Post
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning once again,

Andrea, I totally agree with you.

If you are resident in the US, going to Aruba through Toronto doesn't make much sense, most of the time. You are right, taxes on airfares here are higher than they are in the United States. But, if money is no object and you don't mind going through two border crossings (Aruba/Canada then Canada/US), then it remains an option.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I think that Air Canada option is more trouble than its worth.
    Check the pricing.......I have been told but do not know for a fact, that the taxes are higher.
    Also too, you would lose the USA customs in Aruba.
    You would go thru Canadian Customs in Toronto AND then have to go thru USA customs at border crossing on the drive back.

Paul and I have a 4 hour drive from the Tampa area to FLL and almost 5 hour drive to MIA so we get the non stop flights.
    We do the drive sometimes and other times we opt for flying MCO to MIA or FLL with final destination AUA.
    0 0