This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Airport "timing"

Post Thanks / Like

Airport "timing"

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    Just returned after 3 wonderful weeks. In the process of planning a work-cation sometime in Feb. or March for at least a month since I am not returning to my office anytime soon and can work anywhere.

Everything went smoothly from testing prior to arrival to new measures taken by hotels, restaurants, and stores to keep everyone safe. The island is quiet but it was great seeing friends again and being able to get together with people (not in a party situation, but 4 to a table max over drinks and dinners.) Luckily, most things in Aruba are outside so it was easy to social distance. Had a nice upgrade to one of the penthouse suites at Amsterdam Manor and had my own personal bartender most of the time since there were occasions that it was just me before my husband arrived a few days later.
    Great to hear you had a great time Amy and are back safe. I was wondering being that the volume of travelers is down if it was still necessary to arrive at the airport so early the usual 3 hours for departure from Aruba or even going there they usually recommend 3 hours for Internation Flights.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Great to hear you had a great time Amy and are back safe. I was wondering being that the volume of travelers is down if it was still necessary to arrive at the airport so early the usual 3 hours for departure from Aruba or even going there they usually recommend 3 hours for Internation Flights.
    Someone was just asking me the same question about the airport and I said I'd have to ask.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our flight departed Aruba at 5:05pm on a Thursday and it was a ghost town. Saturdays and Sundays have more flights and if your flight is earlier it is probably busier.

Not a single person in any line at the airport for departure.
    We left West Deck at 3:05pm, dropped off rental car, and we were sitting at WinePort at 3:40 and that was after a couple minutes of browsing in the giftshop.
    We do have Global Entry (no line) and are fast walkers. There was a very short line in the regular customs line of about 4 people.
    Our luggage and one other piece were the only ones on the carousel to pick up before customs.

Arrival in Aruba - have your required paperwork out and ready to present. I was one of the first ones off the plane so was ahead of my entire plane (which wasn't full) and breezed through everything so fast that most of my plane had not even entered baggage claim yet when I was already getting my bag and headed to the luggage scanner. So I had no line at the scanner at all.

Be prepared and efficient and it will go fast and smooth!

Also at your airport TO Aruba - there will be a different line for checkin for people traveling with Covid test results or required testing upon arrival. This takes extra time to check everyone's paperwork so give yourself extra time. Even if you are flying first class you will still go to the Special Services line.
    Last edited by ~Amy~®; 11-22-2020 at 11:34 AM.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020 -- 41st trip to Aruba: Feb & March 2021

2 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    Our flight departed Aruba at 5:05pm on a Thursday and it was a ghost town. Saturdays and Sundays have more flights and if your flight is earlier it is probably busier.

Not a single person in any line at the airport for departure.
    We left West Deck at 3:05pm, dropped off rental car, and we were sitting at WinePort at 3:40 and that was after a couple minutes of browsing in the giftshop.
    We do have Global Entry (no line) and are fast walkers. There was a very short line in the regular customs line of about 4 people.
    Our luggage and one other piece were the only ones on the carousel to pick up before customs.

Arrival in Aruba - have your required paperwork out and ready to present. I was one of the first ones off the plane so was ahead of my entire plane (which wasn't full) and breezed through everything so fast that most of my plane had not even entered baggage claim yet when I was already getting my bag and headed to the luggage scanner. So I had no line at the scanner at all.

Be prepared and efficient and it will go fast and smooth!
    How about at your home airport in MN?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    How about at your home airport in MN?

Also at your airport TO Aruba - there will be a different line for checkin for people traveling with Covid test results or required testing upon arrival (Aruba plus other destinations). This takes extra time to check everyone's paperwork so give yourself extra time. Even if you are flying first class you will still go to the Special Services line. Probably took an extra 15-20 minutes that I had not planned on but still had plenty of time.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020 -- 41st trip to Aruba: Feb & March 2021

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Amy I will give myself the extra time being that I am flying Sat to Sat and the separate lines etc and I also ordered wheel chair service in case I have issues with my hip pain and or pitformis muscle which on occasions causes me to limp when I walk.
    0 1