This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: American connection through Philadelphia

Post Thanks / Like

American connection through Philadelphia

Anyone flow to Aruba on American with a layover in Philadelphia? Price and arrival time were good. I'm just wondering how stressed out I will be with an hour and 15 minute connection time?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We have flown through Philly a number of times and make sure we have at least an hour layover to change terminals.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you flying American both legs of the trip? If so they often wait if there is a delay since there are probably many others just like you on that fight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Are you flying American both legs of the trip? If so they often wait if there is a delay since there are probably many others just like you on that fight.
    Yes, it would be American on both legs.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Philly... ugh. You should be fine, I've never had an American flight out of Philly leave on time except in the early AM. That said, an hour 15 should be plenty of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Philly is our airport. It is large but with an hour and 15 minute layover, you should be fine. I am guessing you would be aiming for the 8 something flight in the am since it is direct. That flight usually leaves on time unless we are waiting for passengers from another flight. It usually goes out of the end of A East, but not always. I'd say it is about a 15 minute walk between terminals for slow pokes like me. If you come in on a small plane you'll come in at F and there is a shuttle to A East. B and C terminals belong to American too.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I've flown American on the way home only a few times, PHL to BDL. It is different each time, huge airport IMO. One time we had to go outside and take a bus to the next terminal, not sure why it was crazy. Other times we had enough time although it was over 1 hr . Our last experience was not fun the sign told us if we walked it would be 10 mins. (Don't belive this) it was my the year my husband had his surgery 3 months prior so could not walk fast, I was a wreck and after walking 25 mins. with no end in sight flagged down a shuttle guy. Good Luck if you decide, I'm sure some people have positive experiences I just try to avoid PHL now.

1 1