This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: AUA Airport 3 Hr. Reminder

Post Thanks / Like

AUA Airport 3 Hr. Reminder

I was check looking in at the airport information and noticed a huge pop-up notice reminding of the 3 hr. arrival on departure day.
    It says it all:

2 hrs. (RUSH AND STRESSED)
    2.5 (LIMITED TIME)
    3 hrs. (RELAX AND ENJOY A BITE AND COCKTAIL)

How true it is, why add more stress than needed when leaving paradise

2 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I loathe being or feeling rushed. I always leave plenty of time for airport 'stuff'. Plus, once I'm packed and ready to leave my room at Divi, I'm ready to leave.

I snicker/roll my eyes while waiting in the customs security line. Listening to first-timers moan and groan about the lines and waiting and OMG why do we HAVE to go though security AGAIN??!! They seem to be in such an angered hurry. If I do get caught up/interject in conversation, I try to tell them it's better to wait and go through customs now than after they land back in the US (don't know if it's true, but sometimes it works)

Or I try to change the topic to something more pleasant or positive. What did you do while you were here? What was your favorite restaurant? Oh really? What did you have to eat there? Sometimes it helps chill them out and it always makes the time pass quicker. If they're hell bent on being pissy about the lines and waits, I turn back around and do my best to tune them out.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    So true about the convenience of going to customs in Aruba than back in the States. I find it funny about trying to change the subject so they forget what they are complaining about, my husband plays that game with telemarketers asking where they are calling from, what the weather is like, etc. by the time they answer all his questions they forgot why they calleld us (lol)

0 1

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate hearing people complain about the airport in Aruba. Its not perfect, that is true. But we are waiting to pick up my SIL at Newark Airport after her 9 hour flight from Europe. She still has to get her bags (we do carry on so we do skip that) but now she has to go through customs. I know its a long ordeal depending on when you leave Aruba, whether you have checked bags, no global but people keep forgetting when you land in the USA, you get off the plane and go home. People don't realize you have to go through customs either on the front end or the back end. For me, its over with in Aruba, I get on the plane, land and walk out the door and go home to my little fur baby. So when you want to complain, take the time in Aruba, cut it in half and pretend the other half is in the USA. Then it doesn't seem so bad.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    well said ms gaby
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I hate hearing people complain about the airport in Aruba. Its not perfect, that is true. But we are waiting to pick up my SIL at Newark Airport after her 9 hour flight from Europe. She still has to get her bags (we do carry on so we do skip that) but now she has to go through customs. I know its a long ordeal depending on when you leave Aruba, whether you have checked bags, no global but people keep forgetting when you land in the USA, you get off the plane and go home. People don't realize you have to go through customs either on the front end or the back end. For me, its over with in Aruba, I get on the plane, land and walk out the door and go home to my little fur baby. So when you want to complain, take the time in Aruba, cut it in half and pretend the other half is in the USA. Then it doesn't seem so bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather go through it in Aruba than in Philly. In a few years it should be easier once they have the new baggage system in place.

0 0