This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cancelled Jet Blue Flight To Aruba

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear this Ace, but you must do what's best. Maybe you can save your week for next May. I think we should try to have a huge forum get together then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Love to go in May. My birthday falls May 20th so I usually try to go on that week unless I go on a cruise and I won't be cruising anytime soon.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    what a difficult decision. . .
    but health first, seems like you are increasingly comfortable if not resigned with this decision, and some salvagable news with the exchange. plus, it will make your eventual return to the island that. much. sweeter!!!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    there are a number of us that go in early May...at least when things were normal.
    Paul and I are already booked for 1 of the weeks in early May.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Yes Love to go in May. My birthday falls May 20th so I usually try to go on that week unless I go on a cruise and I won't be cruising anytime soon.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Aruba will still be there when ever one chooses to go.
    Health is more important. And do respect each decision
    Yes a get together in Aruba would be so amazing..
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    there are a number of us that go in early May...at least when things were normal.
    Paul and I are already booked for 1 of the weeks in early May.
    And we have the first week of 3 or 4 booked then also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, wow! I almost booked a direct flight out of JFK on JetBlue, a few days ago. I ultimately decided on American Airlines through Charlotte.

I regret that you cancelled, but I respect your decision. You are an adult making an informed decision.

I last flew last February, from Delhi, via Paris, on Air France. I spent a stopover in Paris, amazed that all the Paris streets were almost devoid of people. Then, back in America, one week later, all transatlantic tourism was cancelled! I barely made it through! Now, I really wonder, given reports that people actually are found to have died of the virus in California several months before February. So really, I think that the virus was all around me, even on that Air France flight. BuT even on that Air France flight, and for the previous few years, I have always brought a canister of Lysol wipes with me, and wiped down my seat, armrest and tray table.

My opinion is just to continue with bringing the lysol canister of wipes, and continue my immunizing-building habits of nutrition and exercise. Otherwise, why would I get out of bed in the morning? I did lockdown in my house from March through July. I felt like I was being buried alive!

I respect your decision after informed consultation with your choice of (overpaid) medical doctors and I strongly believe in everyone making an educated conscious decision on how to live his or her own life.
    0 0