This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Delta will end keeping the middle seat open.....Seats will be filled May 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Delta will end keeping the middle seat open.....Seats will be filled May 1

May 1, Delta to end social distancing and will fill the middle seats.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Junior Member Jamie&Paul'sAruba's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering about this with JetBlue...We fly Jetblue direct from Boston and sit up front in the business/extra leg room and thankfully when we went in October my dad was the "middle seat"... We are leaving for California next week and chose to fly JetBlue Mint so we can avoid that third person issue...Now if JetBlue would only offer Mint on Friday flights to aruba versus on Saturday's only...Friday is timeshare check in for Costa Linda and i told my husband I dont want to loose a day of Aruba by flying on a Saturday... American used to have direct flights to Aruba from Boston and we sat in first class but they sold off their direct routes to JetBlue...
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Also cocktails and real food will be returning to Delta's First Class - not just beer and wine anymore!
    And Delta Medallion members will be earning 50-75% more frequent flyer miles with bookings after April 1.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020 -- 41st trip to Aruba: Feb & March 2021

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly see the Covid numbers spiking all across the world. We are going back to "normal" to early and their will be extreme consequences IMHO. Why we could not wait another 2 months is beyond me...but what do I know.
    Trip 32 begins on June 5.

0 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    I figured that Delta would start filling middle seats in May. We used miles to book for our June trip and upgraded to first class. I'm not ready to sit that close to people if I can get around it.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I fear that we are at the beginning of another wave.
    I hope that I am wrong.
    Jay....I forget what "normal" is and was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I honestly see the Covid numbers spiking all across the world. We are going back to "normal" to early and their will be extreme consequences IMHO. Why we could not wait another 2 months is beyond me...but what do I know.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Delta is pretty much the only airline that held up the middle seat blocking for this long. Others have been filling all seats for quite a while. I don’t fly Delta because of where I am/routing options but In all my flights since this started, I’ve been flying in the front - less people.

0 1